Shadow and Bone (TV series)

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Anyone watched/watching this? Saw the first episode last night - the first 5 minutes were a pointless infodump that suggested this was going to be yet another cliched fantasy - but once it got going it really impressed me with it's late 19th century European setting and diverse cast. Great acting, and superb production values, too. Looking forward to watching more. :)

Last edited:
Yep, I saw the first season months ago. Looking forward to season two.

Opening was very strong, but thought the next couple of episodes were moving into a YA cliche, but some clever writing has dealt with that quite nicely. Still a very good series so far. :)

Finished season 1 - that was pretty excellent, and good that it manage to be so without pushing on sex and gore like most TV shows seem to these days. Instead there was a tight focus on plot and character that worked really, really, well.

Looking forward to season 2. :)

Have also added a trailer to my opening post as well.

Finished season 2 - really enjoyed this show, thought it was excellent with interesting characters and strong plot and wonderful production values. Definitely recommended, and am surprised more people haven't commented on it.

My only complaint is that the last half hour of the last episode in season 2 seemed to drag out somewhat, namely to create new plot threads for a season 3 which I thought was unnecessary.

I watched season 1 when it came out, and planned to do the same with season 2, but life intervened.

Now I am working my way through season 2. I've been surprised by the lack of comment, too.

I just finished watching the last episode of season 2. They better have renewed it for a 3rd season, after ending on a cliffhanger like that!

I have the first book in this series sitting my shelf.

Back