How about PLACES IN THE DARKNESS?

Coragem

Believer in flawed heroes
I started writing a door stopping wedge of a sci-f
Has anyone read PLACES IN THE DARKNESS by Chris Brookmyre? I was given a paperback a few years ago. Started it but didn't carry on for some reason. I think I gave the paperback away, annoyingly, but I'm thinking of trying the novel again.

Thoughts? Marks out of 5?

Thanks!

Has anyone read PLACES IN THE DARKNESS by Chris Brookmyre? I was given a paperback a few years ago. Started it but didn't carry on for some reason. I think I gave the paperback away, annoyingly, but I'm thinking of trying the novel again.

Thoughts? Marks out of 5?

Thanks!

Ive not read that one but ive looked up the reviews and for the most part , seem positive.

Sometimes , it's possible to give up on a book too early because it doesn't start fast enough . Some times even the best books take a bit before they really get going . It might not be a bad idea to give this one chance perhaps ? At the very least . it's possible that even second time around the book still might not appeal to you and all you will have lost is the money you paid for the book but, on the other hand ' what if turns out to be a great read for you ?

Nobody wants a disappointing read but equally no one want to miss out on what could be a good book either .

I read a pile of Brookmyre’s Jack Parlabane books back in the day. Fast, funny thrillers. I probably haven’t picked up any of his new stuff for a couple of decades. Interested to see that he is writing SF now.

I knew I had read a book by Christopher Brookmyre and by looking at Goodreads I see I read this back in 2018 but remember very little about it. Probably wont be very useful for you but I gave it 3/5 and didn't go on to read any more books by the author. Looking at a few reviews it came back to me a bit, thriller, chalk and cheese female protaganists, space station, brain chips. I was always a harsh marker and In hindsight it would probably be a 7 or 7.5 out of 10.

Back