Number 7 for sure!

Danny McG

"Uroshnor!"
FB_IMG_1689760533418.jpg

10 ways to kill your fictional characters.
  1. Poisoning:
  2. Terminal Illness:
  3. Supernatural Curse
  4. Disasters: earthquake, tsunami, or wildfire
  5. Execution
  6. Assassination
  7. Accident or Mishap: Create a fatal accident or mishap that occurs due to a character's negligence, recklessness, or bad luck.
  8. Suicide Pact: In a story involving multiple characters, a situation where two or more characters make a pact to end their lives together.
  9. Euthanasia
  10. Magical Artifact or Object: Introduce a cursed or enchanted object that brings about the character's demise.

They're all good, but number four jumps up and grabs me by the throat. Oh yeah, try it.

Can vouch for number 8 , '...but instead of all that outer space stuff what about.xyz things happening that I'm interested in...'

1: No, I've given up and started a recipe book for cannibals. Would you like to help me try out the latest ones?
2: It is nice. I find unreal and mystical jobs far more satisfying. I've taken up being mythological for a hobby.
3: Writing is dead easy, like thinking. You really ought to give it try.
4: There you go, didn't I tell you? Thinking is easy.
5: Sure, aside from the unreal, mystical, mythical and truly magical ones.
6: Yes, but it's being kept secret for marketing reasons.
7: Already done, and I'm sure you're going to like it.
8: Tell me more. Don't worry, I can listen with my eyes shut.
9: No, that's politicians. It's a common misconception.
10: My pleasure, but first, just to avoid embarrassment later, we need to talk about my fee.

#1 and #4 here.

I have a relative that says #1 to me a lot. So, I spend time researching and learning how to write and how to write a story, and this is bad? While my relative did write a book, with no research and the one 'Book' is 2000 (Two thousand) pages long and 700 words a page ... and took 34 years to write... OK...

#4 I hear everyday, and I'm home full time... :rolleyes:

11. (A condensed version of something that happened to me, after I stammered out to a nice man at a function that I write novels): Oh, my wife's a novelist too. Have you heard of Tracy Chevalier?

11. (A condensed version of something that happened to me, after I stammered out to a nice man at a function that I write novels): Oh, my wife's a novelist too. Have you heard of Tracy Chevalier?
Did she write Girl with a Pearl Earring and/or A Single Thread ?
Just asking.

Absolutely #7 for me, with some of #8.

If I had to add others I hear a lot (largely b/c I sometimes work in public places), it would be "are you writing about this place?" or, "am I going to be in your book?" Although quite often it's, "can I borrow your pen?" For the sake of the kids, we won't discuss my responses to that last one...