Moonlight by Dean Koontz (1989)

AE35Unit

]==[]===O °
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would after reading the synopsis and other people's views of it.
Something strange is happening in Moonlight Cove, and FBI agent Sam Booker wants to find out.
Its a tale of 3 people (and a dog named Moose) coming together to uncover the truth. Its also a story of skeletons in people's closets, exorcising old demons, and coming to terms with past events.
The book makes reference to to H.G.Wells' Island of Doctor Moreau and An American Werewolf in London.
Not bad at all.
Great cover on this edition too.
IMG20230620151522-01_copy_768x1032.jpg

It's been a while since i read it, but i very much enjoyed this one.

I remember reading a few very good Koontz books around the same time and it was a fertile period for him.

I'm always getting it confused with his two Moonlight Bay books.
Bay/Cove?

It doesn't help that in one of his Odd Thomas books "Odd Interlude" we have Odd rummaging about in Wyvern military base, as featured in the Moonlight Bay books!

Phantoms was quite good fun, too. Twilight Eyes and Lightning were my favourites.

@AE35Unit Midnight It is a good romp. I really enjoyed it.
If you haven't read his Watchers 1987 I think you will love it, especially since you hinted that you are a 'dog' person. :)
Yes, a dog also features in the duology Fear Nothing/Seize the Night, which I've read. The other two I've read are The Bad Place and Shattered, an early one

I'm always getting it confused with his two Moonlight Bay books.
Bay/Cove?

It doesn't help that in one of his Odd Thomas books "Odd Interlude" we have Odd rummaging about in Wyvern military base, as featured in the Moonlight Bay books!
Fear Nothing/Seize the night are set in Moonlight Cove, it gets confusing

Fear Nothing/Seize the night are set in Moonlight Cove, it gets confusing
From the book blurb:-

Christopher Snow is the best-known resident of 12,000-strong Moonlight Bay, California. This is because 28-year-old Chris has xeroderma pigmentosum (XP)--a light-sensitivity so severe that he cannot leave his house in daylight, cannot enter a normally-lit room, cannot sit at a computer.

From the book blurb:-

Christopher Snow is the best-known resident of 12,000-strong Moonlight Bay, California. This is because 28-year-old Chris has xeroderma pigmentosum (XP)--a light-sensitivity so severe that he cannot leave his house in daylight, cannot enter a normally-lit room, cannot sit at a computer.
Yea, I was close