Pulp Adventure Book Titles

Timben

I am looking for a title for my last Sam Cassidy adventure. I was wondering if someone could help me with it. The working title of the story is called: “Empire in the Sun”.

This is the plot:

In the heart of India, Sam Cassidy and Chen Tao embark on a dangerous mission to track down wild tigers that are on a killing spree, targeting innocent men, women, and children. But their quest turns sinister when they stumble upon the mysterious “Order of the Coil”, an ancient cult that worships the legendary King Takshaka - the ruler of all snakes. As they delve deeper into the dark secrets of the cult, Sam and Chen find themselves amid a deadly conspiracy that threatens to unleash an ancient evil upon the world. With time running out, they must race against the clock to uncover the truth behind the Order of the Coil before it’s too late. ‘Empire in the Sun’ is a gripping thriller that takes you on a spine-chilling adventure through the exotic land of India, where danger lurks at every turn and ancient legends come to life. With its rich blend of action, suspense, and mystery, this book will surely keep you on the edge of your seat until the end.

Alas, the first thing that title brought to mind is the movie, Empire of the Sun. Not sure if that bothers others or not.

Question: this is a cult. Why is it an empire? And what does a snake cult have to do with the sun? FWIW, I like the blurb.

Can you list the titles of your other books in the series? I think this may help when choosing a title for this one. Also if it's the last in a series of books, it may be worth reflecting this in the title.

The Perils of Darkest Africa, The Devil in the Desert, Cross of the Seven Jewels.

That last tile Cross of the Seven Jewels . I wonder if it's homage or reference to The Jewel of Seven Stars by Bram Stoker.

A few suggestions:

The Den of Serpents

The Cult of Takshaka

King Cobra

The Sovereign of Snakes

Snake-a-geddon
(sorry I couldn't resist)

Brotherhood of the Snake

A Venomous Conspiracy

Wild Tigers of the Serpent Empire

Sounds old-fashioned serial-like but you got tigers--and they're wild! And serpents have an empire!
Anyway that's what I thought of.

Sounds old-fashioned serial-like but you got tigers--and they're wild! And serpents have an empire!

This sounds really good, and in keeping with the other titles in the series - very 'Indiana Jones/Lara Croft'. Although I've just noticed that all 3 previous instalments are 5 word titles, so maybe 'Tigers of the Serpent Empire'?

This sounds really good, and in keeping with the other titles in the series - very 'Indiana Jones/Lara Croft'. Although I've just noticed that all 3 previous instalments are 5 word titles, so maybe 'Tigers of the Serpent Empire'?
That's what I originally wrote but then thought to throw in "Wild" to add even more excitement. :)
There not just any old tigers, they are wild!
It does sound better without it.

I assume that you are aware that snake iconography is common in Hinduism and Buddhism, and that snake worship is part of this in some regions of India, and that you are taking care not to cause any offence.

I did think long and hard about this, and I changed it to "Kingdom of the Sun", but also thought of "The Cobra Strikes!"

I suppose the title does have to reflect what the story is about, doesn't it? So, we have "India"; "The Order of the Coil", "Snakes"; and "Tigers". I'm going for old-fashioned serial-like.

I suppose the title does have to reflect what the story is about, doesn't it? So, we have "India"; "The Order of the Coil", "Snakes"; and "Tigers". I'm going for old-fashioned serial-like.

A bad title can kill a book . With any kind of pulp adventure, the title has to capture both the readers imagination and interest.

Back