Doctor Who 2023 trailer: The Show is Just Beginning...

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter

Have to admit I'm a bit confused as to why Tennant is already apparently established as the Dr again, though I haven't watched for a couple of seasons. Presumably Jodie Whittaker changed into him??

Have to admit I'm a bit confused as to why Tennant is already apparently established as the Dr again, though I haven't watched for a couple of seasons. Presumably Jodie Whittaker changed into him??

Yep

Neil Patrick Harris is playing the villain,:cool:

It's already been established that the Doctor can Regenerate just because he/she feels like it.

However, I expect that there will be a reason. I'm not sure that they have ever Regenerated back to a previous incarnation before (or is this story set in the past before David Tennant Regenerated?) :confused:

Tell me as I've forgotten - why can Donna Noble not remember the Doctor or else she'll die? :unsure:

Bernard Cribbins will be in this, as he is Donna's grandfather, Wilfred Mott, and all the filming took place last year before his RL death. :(

It's already been established that the Doctor can Regenerate just because he/she feels like it.

However, I expect that there will be a reason. I'm not sure that they have ever Regenerated back to a previous incarnation before (or is this story set in the past before David Tennant Regenerated?)
This is the "present". However, the Tenth Doctor did once regenerate into himself. Plus Tom Baker turned up in the last anniversary and heavily implied that he was a future Doctor revisiting past favourite faces.
Tell me as I've forgotten - why can Donna Noble not remember the Doctor or else she'll die? :unsure:
She became the Doctor Donna which would have killed her if it continued. The Tenth Doctor reversed it by taking her memories.

When are these three specials with David Tennant as the 14th Doctor actually being shown?

I assumed over the August Bank Holiday, but that's been and gone, and I can't see anything online regarding the dates. They must have been made last year/ finished early this year given that Bernard Cribbins is in at least one of them. I'm guessing now that it must be over Christmas Holidays 2023. They already must be making the 2024 Season with 15th Doctor Ncuti Gatwa otherwise they wouldn't have cast him so early.

And the return of a previous actor as a new incarnation of the Doctor isn't such a new idea:
  • Sylvester McCoy technically played the Sixth Doctor in the first few seconds of Time and the Rani.
  • In The Day of the Doctor it is heavily implied that the Curator played by Tom Baker is a different future incarnation of the Doctor.
  • In The Time of the Doctor the Tenth Doctor was technically two different incarnations with the same face.
  • In a 1986 exchange with then-BBC One controller Michael Grade after the dismissal of Sixth Doctor actor Colin Baker, the Doctor Who co-creator Sydney Newman proposed that Patrick Troughton, who portrayed the Second Doctor, return for one series.

The specials are going to be in late November on the 60th anniversary of the first show and maybe on into Christmas. I don't know the dates but that has been announced somewhere - I think I read.

There's always intense competition between the Beeb and ITV for 'most watched' programme on Christmas Day, so I'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't an episode on that day. Possibly/probably featuring the new Doctor.

As long it isn't a musical! :rolleyes:

Now that I think about it. Dr Who is one of the few science fiction tv shows that hasn't done a musical episode. :unsure: it's too horrible a possibility to contemplate!:oops::eek: