The Ark

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
The Ark is a SF series which is being streamed on Hulu, Fubu TV, Peacock, and YouTube TV. (I watched with my Peacock membership.) It is a story about a star ship "Ark 1" sent to start a human presence among the stars. Earth is in the process of dying and some sub-light star ships (people stay alive by suspended animation) are sent out. In the first episode the ship is struck by something and the surviving crew are automatically revived. Now the crew must find a way to survive not only the collision but the years remaining on their voyage.

The good: I loved the the spaceship, Ark 1. It looked exactly as I would imagine such a ship would look including spinning the living quarters to produce gravity. Another plus was that each episode had it's own surprise. The characters develop over the course of the season.

The bad: Although most of the special effects were quite good, there were some clunkers. Maneuvering the space craft was entirely too easy in terms of inertia and how quickly of direction changes. There is one scene in the middle of the series where a comet is discerned by its tail, which is laughable, and in that same episode there is some really ignoring the rules of inertia and the role mass plays with two objects traveling in different directions in space.

If there is a season two, I completely plan on viewing it. On the whole very solid stuff. My major complaints are those of someone who considers the science behind what is done.

The Ark, Trailer

Avoid --- Not Recommended --- Flawed --- Okay --- Good --- Recommended --- Shouldn’t be Missed

Thanks Parson.

I did notice this while mindlessly looking for something to watch on Netflix, but didn't know whther it was worth watching. I'll check it out.

Thanks Parson.

I did notice this while mindlessly looking for something to watch on Netflix, but didn't know whther it was worth watching. I'll check it out.
The Ark is a SF series which is being streamed on Hulu, Fubu TV, Peacock, and YouTube TV. (I watched with my Peacock membership.) It is a story about a star ship "Ark 1" sent to start a human presence among the stars. Earth is in the process of dying and some sub-light star ships (people stay alive by suspended animation) are sent out. In the first episode the ship is struck by something and the surviving crew are automatically revived. Now the crew must find a way to survive not only the collision but the years remaining on their voyage.

The good: I loved the the spaceship, Ark 1. It looked exactly as I would imagine such a ship would look including spinning the living quarters to produce gravity. Another plus was that each episode had it's own surprise. The characters develop over the course of the season.

The bad: Although most of the special effects were quite good, there were some clunkers. Maneuvering the space craft was entirely too easy in terms of inertia and how quickly of direction changes. There is one scene in the middle of the series where a comet is discerned by its tail, which is laughable, and in that same episode there is some really ignoring the rules of inertia and the role mass plays with two objects traveling in different directions in space.

If there is a season two, I completely plan on viewing it. On the whole very solid stuff. My major complaints are those of someone who considers the science behind what is done.

The Ark, Trailer

Avoid --- Not Recommended --- Flawed --- Okay --- Good --- Recommended --- Shouldn’t be Missed
It's definitely got flaws but , not a bad show and it is getting a second season.:)

Last edited:
My main gripe with the show is that the "geniuses" on the show come up with solutions with obvious flaws, yet no-one (including the other "geniuses") even query the obvious flaws.

Genius creates shield that may or may not work. Even if it does and they go to the planet where the ship that is trying to destroy them is, the best that they can hope for is a stalemate as they have no weapons. So they won't get blown up, they all starve to death.

Most of the ship want to enact this plan. Those that don't, are worried that the shield is untested (but never suggest testing the shield). No-one mentions that the plan is unworkable at best.

Last edited:
My main gripe with the show is that the "geniuses" on the show come up with solutions with obvious flaws, yet no-one (including the other "geniuses") even query the obvious flaws.

Genius creates shield that may or may not work. Even if it does and they go to the planet where the ship that is trying to destroy them is, the best that they can hope for is a stalemate as they have no weapons. So they won't get blown up, they all starve to death.

Most of the ship want to enact this plan. Those that don't, are worried that the shield is untested (but never suggest testing the shield). No-one mentions that the plan is unworkable at best.

At least It's getting second season .

Thanks Parson.

Once in while, the Syfy Chanel actual comes up with something of interest.

Back