Please help me find the title of a Ray Bradbury story

Dmitry47

Good day
Please help me find the title of a Ray Bradbury story. Here is a description of the beginning:

The forest burned and the spirits of the forest wandered and did not know where to live. On their way, they saw a house. If you say there were 1,000 rooms in it, that would be too much. If you say 500, that's not enough. They decided to stay there. They took in a homeless boy who had no family. He wasn't good looking, but they encouraged him and promised to take care of him.

Thank you all for your help. Have a nice day

Good day
Please help me find the title of a Ray Bradbury story. Here is a description of the beginning:

The forest burned and the spirits of the forest wandered and did not know where to live. On their way, they saw a house. If you say there were 1,000 rooms in it, that would be too much. If you say 500, that's not enough. They decided to stay there. They took in a homeless boy who had no family. He wasn't good looking, but they encouraged him and promised to take care of him.

Thank you all for your help. Have a nice day
Are you sure that's Bradbury?

Here is wikipedia's bibliography for Bradbury - books & short stories. I skimmed through and nothing rang a bell for me. I don't recall a Bradbury story about forest spirits, but seeing the list I realized that I've barely scratched the surface of Bradbury.

Here is wikipedia's bibliography for Bradbury - books & short stories. I skimmed through and nothing rang a bell for me. I don't recall a Bradbury story about forest spirits, but seeing the list I realized that I've barely scratched the surface of Bradbury.

Bradbury wrote nearly 600 short stories (and 30 novels), the majority of which sit on my shelf. But this story line is completely unfamiliar to me, nor -dare I say - does it sound like a typical Bradbury story. I'd be most eager to read it, if it is found.

What age were you when you first read this story? That might help to. I'm not a familiar with Bradbury as @Snicklefritz is, but could it be YA story written in the style of Bradbury? Again, depending how old you were when you first read it. Just a thought.

Thank you all for your activity. This story was told to me by my father. He says the story is called "Home" and is by Ray Bradbury. But I couldn't find a matching plot with that title, so I didn't include the title here. My dad may have read it in the 80's or 90's. Would love to find the book so I can read it and give it to my dad.

Thank you all for your activity. This story was told to me by my father. He says the story is called "Home" and is by Ray Bradbury. But I couldn't find a matching plot with that title, so I didn't include the title here. My dad may have read it in the 80's or 90's. Would love to find the book so I can read it and give it to my dad.

There Will Come Soft Rains. I think this might be the story you're looking for ? :)

Dmitry , you came here looking for a story and in the process , you've found the best book website on the planet. There are lots o f thing to see and know here . We love to talk about favorite author books and stories. This is a fun place to be. :)

There Will Come Soft Rains. I think this might be the story you're looking for ? :)

Dmitry , you came here looking for a story and in the process , you've found the best book website on the planet. There are lots o f thing to see and know here . We love to talk about favorite author books and stories. This is a fun place to be. :)

Would it be The Homecoming by chance? It doesn't quite fit your description but comes close to it I believe.

Thank you very much for your ideas. :giggle:

These stories are very interesting but don't match what I'm looking for

@Dmitry47 when you said "If you say there were 1,000 rooms in it, that would be too much. If you say 500, that's not enough." Is that a quote from the story or your own description?
Also, are there any other writers that may be your father's favorites who might be the possible author? I think we've pretty nearly covered all the Bradbury possibilities.

If you say there were 1,000 rooms in it, that would be too much. If you say 500, that's not enough
Thank you, Snicklefritz
This is a quote of how my father retold it to me. But the meaning must be very closely transmitted. And I also found his other memories of this book and script: The spirits asked the boy to write a book about them. So that people would remember who they were. In gratitude for this, the spirits promised the boy a good place after his death.