DISCUSSION THREAD -- 300 Word Writing Challenge #49 (April 2023)

The Judge

Truth. Order. Moderation.
Staff member
Supporter
I imagine everyone is still confused/worried/exasperated as to the definition of liminality over at the 75 Worder, to wonder where the 300 has gone. But just in case someone is wondering -- never fear, it's on the way! We're just waiting for someone competent to come along and put the image into the draft thread.

But as a hint, we're expecting some portal stories this quarter...

Good luck, everyone!

I can't see an image.
There's just an icon saying 99780.

1680361721877.png

Right, I've just checked and as a mod I can see it, but if I shed my moddy powers it's just the 99780 thing, so the problem is likely a result of the image having been taken from a thread in the Staff Room.

We'll try and sort this out. Meanwhile, continue to think "portal" and perhaps "light"!

The best I can do at present is a thumbnail in a separate post underneath, so at least everyone's got something to look at. Power cuts permitting, Ursa will be along later and work his magic!

I can see it now, but it's very small. :D

Edit. OK.
Thanks TJ.

Get your magnifying glass out!

(I tried enlarging it, but the quality was terrible as a result, so decided to leave it as it is, since it's only temporary.)

Please remember what day it is!

(And thus give me the (false) cover for not noticing that most people couldn't see the image....)
I noticed it very early this morn and was going to mention it but honestly thought maybe it was an April Fools thing and didn't want to look like an idiot.

I love it. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous (and now I’ve written the word 3 times it sounds and looks weird!).

And what is a door if not a threshold of liminality? ;)

Altho I’m instantly getting a theme of an estuary so I don’t know what that’s about.

I noticed it very early this morn and was going to mention it but honestly thought maybe it was an April Fools thing and didn't want to look like an idiot.

Hmmm … and yet…

@ChrisG Thank you for the photo. The image is floating in my mind. I'm sure it will bump into a mental stalagmite and clobber me with an idea, or many ideas. If the latter of the two...just call me Lumpy.

Altho I’m instantly getting a theme of an estuary so I don’t know what that’s about.
I've been getting a very bad pun running amok in my mind and a daft theme to go with it. It's sort of like the writing version of an ear worm... if the song in question was Agadoo by Black Lace.

Back