(Found) Looking for old fantasy series

Vang

Hello everyone, I hope you guys can help me find the title of this fantasy book/series. I've only read the series' final book and honestly can't remember the author's name or its title, the title may or may not have the word "light" in it.

What I am able to remember is that things were set in motion because of this minor trickster god who anonymously sent a note/letter to the hero at the beginning of the series, this was only revealed to the hero at the very end of the last book where the god appears before him and the hero says something along the lines of "so it was you who sent that". The world had magic and lots of dark beings that come up at night that they have to fight off, monsters/beings from other dimensions, and there is also some sort of "great culling". I don't know if it helps but the particular edition I was able read was a hardback with a warm yellow cover.

Any help is would be great, thank you!

When did you read the book, any idea when it might have been published? This will help narrow down possibilities. Was it old when you read it?

FWIW there's a "great culling" in Raymond Feist's Wrath of a Mad God, which is also the final book of a trilogy and according to this ebay seller image has a warm yellow cover under the book jacket, in the hardcover edition.

s-l400.jpg

FWIW there's a "great culling" in Raymond Feist's Wrath of a Mad God, which is also the final book of a trilogy and according to this ebay seller image has a warm yellow cover under the book jacket, in the hardcover edition.

s-l400.jpg
YES this is it! It looks exactly like the one I was able to read and just did a quick search online on the background.
I was prepared to wait for a decade or so when I posted this, did not expect to find it this soon at all. Thank you very much everyone!

Back