Deep Dream AI

psychotick

Dangerously confused
Hi Guys,

For all you self pubbers like me out there, always looking for covers, I've got some odd news. There's a new way of getting cover art for a song - ai's. I'm not kidding! AI art has come a long way in the last year or two - and some of it's now glorious! As a case in point I'll give you a rough version of what my latest cover's going to look like:

The book's not even written yet so this is not a promo or anything. Just an example of what I - a useless artist and computer novice can achieve with just a few key words - and it's gorgeous! (wings are a bit off, but hey!)

So this was done on Deep Dream AI Trending Dreams | Deep Dream Generator , I'd recommend you guys take a look see on the site, maybe do a few test runs. There's a small free trial run - about fifteen images - you can use, though unfortunately after that you have to pay. Also you can't use the images commercially without a subscription. There's also another site Midjourney, which I haven't tried but looks to have images of a similar quality.

Anyway it looks like science fiction has become science fact !

Cheers, Greg.

Attachments

• FreaksvilleCover1.jpg
    FreaksvilleCover1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
I've been using mid-journey to create images of my fictional creatures. It takes some perseverance as the AIs are better at creating based on things they already know. Good fun all the same!

spacemarine-009.jpg
strange-armada.jpg
fun.
skyfullofship.jpg
spacemarine-007.jpg
Had great fun with this service
complete devourer of time but great fun.

As far as I can tell this has a continual free service that has the limit of generating points at a slow speed and the lowest points for generating a picture is 5 points I think I started with 100 points and from there it regenerates 3 points hourly until it reaches 20 points. At some place in your journey it can change to 5 points per hour with a max buildup of 35 points and then much latter it can build to 70 point max. If you have time to keep going in and using points you can generate a great many pictures.

It also has subscriptions and single time purchases of points if you can't stand the waiting for points to regenerate.

However that said there are some idiosyncrasies to the IA and it often throws you junk for no apparent reason.; thereby eating up your points.

I'm still trying to figure it out. It does better with description than with a description and a picture--the picture seems to often throw it into more of a silly mood that gives you strange affectations that can be dealt with somewhat using what they call declared negatives(sort of a don't do these things list)but how or even if it works are questions unanswered so far. I messaged them about it but no answer yet.

Last edited:
Hi,

I know what you mean. It comes out with some really bizarre things. My attempts at a unicorn were laughable. Apparently unicorns can have two or even three horns - and sometimes there's an extra leg thrown in for good measure! It's just weird! But even when it goes wrong it sometimes goes right. And yeah it sucks up the time and the energy points - but I still think it's amazing!

Cheers, Greg.

Hi,

I know what you mean. But as I say, sometimes, even in the madness, there is brilliance. This was one of my attempts at a unicorn prancing with its horn shining on a dark and stormy night. (That's almost the exact prompt I used!) And as wrong as it is - I have a book in mind that I can modify this image for and use!

Cheers, Greg.

Attachments

• UnicornGoneWeird.jpg
    UnicornGoneWeird.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 51
Had to show you this - the basis for the cover of another book I'm working on - Moody Rocking. Meet the new face of the FBI in 2030!

Attachments

• MoodyRockerCover25.jpg
    MoodyRockerCover25.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 48