3.01 Star Trek: Picard - The Next Generation

But SNW is brilliant. Proper trek imo
I have to respectfully disagree. I watched about 20mins of two episodes and couldn't continue. It suffers from the same faults that the other iterations do: weak writing and lame characters. The crew acted immature, as opposed to competent professionals in the older shows.

I have to respectfully disagree. I watched about 20mins of two episodes and couldn't continue. It suffers from the same faults that the other iterations do: weak writing and lame characters. The crew acted immature, as opposed to competent professionals in the older shows.
Horses for courses. We both love it

Reactions: ctg
Horses for courses. We both love it
To each their own. However, I'd have to give serious thought regarding watching another episode or getting trampled by horses. However, I'm sure I'd choose the former ...

Really enjoyed this episode. Loved the homage to Star Trek: The Motion Picture. :)

This was a proper Star Trek episode - just hope they don't let it run out of steam too quickly.

Also, three guesses for who Raffi's handler is?
"You are a warrior" - how many main ST characters have ever said that? :)

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this episode. Loved the homage to Star Trek: The Motion Picture. :)

This was a proper Star Trek episode - just hope they don't let it run out of steam too quickly.

Also, three guesses for who Raffi's handler is?
"You are a warrior" - how many main ST characters have ever said that? :)
I agree, @Brian G Turner, it was a 'proper' episode. It was perhaps a little overstuffed with valentines to older fans, including a little bit of a mash-up of too many different eras musically, but I can hardly complain after the travesty that was Picard season 2.

And it was genuinely lovely to hear Jerry Goldsmith's themes used properly. I think they finally decided to make a story for classic fans, that loved the majesty of Star Trek and the beauty of space, without the need to make everything too dark and violent, like Picard has been thus far on the most part.

Special kudos go to the depiction of the USS Titan's Captain as a unique kind of A-hole.