Kicking the can – Marvin
You're Better Off Doing It Yourself – sule
Recycle and Reuse – emrosenagel
Recycling… - mosaix
The Life of a Chief Sanitation Engineer - Peter V

My lists tend to wander along, so I've cut back just a bit this month:

Shortlist:

sule, mosaix, Peter V and The Judge.

My vote went to Christine Wheelwright's clever story.
~

Big thanks to sule, Christine Wheelwright, and Peter V for the listings (thanks, Peter, for the very nice comments! When I'm not feeling like writing, robot stories come easy.).

I'm very grateful to THX1138, johnnyjet and mosaix for the votes. :)

Looks like another close one, good luck all, CC

Thank you all for the shortlists and (so far) vote. I've already placed my vote but haven't had time to write up my shortlist yet. I'll get to that later, all being well.

Many thanks to StilLearning, Wayne Mack, Parson and Ashleyne for the shortlistings and of course Bowler1 for the vote.

Looking like it's going down to the wire this month, good luck everyone!

Thank you all for the shortlists and (so far) vote. I've already placed my vote but haven't had time to write up my shortlist yet. I'll get to that later, all being well.

Shortlist and VOTE:

The Addict in the Alleyway - @Cat's Cradle
Kicking the can - @Marvin
You're Better Off Doing It Yourself - @sule
Eco Warrior - @Bowler1
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights - @Parson

@therapist - sign him up for the Apprentice, can't see him doing any worse than the other wastes of space on there
@paranoid marvin - you should never waste an opportunity
@Parson - some say having a drink is a waste of time and money, depends who's paying

Had to plump for the @therapist. Just made me think of a different version of a sidewalk lemonade stand.

Vote

Eco Warrior by @Bowler1 because it spoke about waste on more than one level and I found that refreshing among all the "garbage" stories. (Yeah, I had to go there.)
Hi @Parson I'm sure @Bowler1 is too polite to mention it (again anyway, he tried an earlier hint, but it was too subtle,) but the vote never happened. I'm sure you would love to sort that out before the time elapses.

Hi @Parson I'm sure @Bowler1 is too polite to mention it (again anyway, he tried an earlier hint, but it was too subtle,) but the vote never happened. I'm sure you would love to sort that out before the time elapses.
Sorted! Thanks. It's not the first time I've done that. (Mutters to himself about memory and age and other horrible truths).

Cliffhanger -fifteen mins to break the deadlock, may the best story win;)

Back