A.I. (general thread for any AI-related topics)

I'm not saying this article is particularly about the members of THIS site,
but this article is particularly about the members of THIS site.

Older adults perceive artificial intelligence as more human-like than younger adults do​

Surely, this is simply a question of language? I still converse by written letter with a fountain pen and don't do that thar texting with all those younger folk on their cell telephones (not an actual fact.) The "so-caled" AI learns from the material it can read and is naturally quite conservative in regard to language if only reading webpages...
h/e if sm1 was to teach it 2 spk txt + set it gng on WhatsApp LOL ;)

Here are April’s new AI threads, for future reference. Seven threads in one month - that’s how many threads first prompted me to begin this thread back in January, but those were spread across the previous year.
Current total: 27 AI-related threads.

One of the greatest threats that AI poses to me, personally, is its ability to spam in a variety of ways, persistently, and the ability to adapt to avoid AI spam detectors. As it is, the vast majority of the telephone calls I receive are from computers trying to sell me something. The vast majority of emails are from sales pitches.

AI threatens to multiply those pitches.

I'm not sure how your post prompted this response in me.

One of the greatest threats that AI poses to me, personally, is its ability to spam in a variety of ways, persistently, and the ability to adapt to avoid AI spam detectors. As it is, the vast majority of the telephone calls I receive are from computers trying to sell me something. The vast majority of emails are from sales pitches.

AI threatens to multiply those pitches.

I'm not sure how your post prompted this response in me.
However it's also possible that AIs might be our best hope for getting truly smart spam filters!

When do we see the new Social Media Site for AI only.

I wonder what they'd have to say to each other.

It won’t be long, judging from this
The internet is full of click-bait advert farms. AI seems uniquely qualified to fill these types of sites. The operational costs are so close to zero as to not matter and then each site can generate small amounts of continuous advert revenue. It all adds up.

The saddest part of this is that actual "News Media" companies seem to be trying to compete with Advert Farms instead of acting as what used to be called a "Newspaper of Record."

Human beings simply cannot churn out click-bait as fast as a computer. Though certain "news" organizations seem to try.

I got a Facebook friend request last week from some woman in Florida (so I thought).

She then started chatting on Messenger and asking lots of questions about the Lake District and local geographical stuff like that.
It was only after she said, one too many times "That's really fascinating" that I realised it wasn't a person.

Blocked and deleted and somewhat unsettling

I got a Facebook friend request last week from some woman in Florida (so I thought).

She then started chatting on Messenger and asking lots of questions about the Lake District and local geographical stuff like that.
It was only after she said, one too many times "That's really fascinating" that I realised it wasn't a person.

That’s really fascinating

I found the photo the 'bot sent, beware of any friend request from this!
Screenshot_20230509-022329.gif

It is clear to everyone that "Artificial Intelligence" has not reached completion.
That explains why ChatGPt and other "AI" only provide Artificial Stupidity.

The big question is; how long had you been chatting away before you realised?

The big question is; how long had you been chatting away before you realised?
Maybe 16-20 messenger texts between us before I realised and blocked, but I was thinking for the last few "is this person thick, they keep repeating themselves?"
Then I thought she was being a bit robotic - that's when I finally cottoned on!