"You have two choices." Is that logically impossible?

I missed it. Enlighten me. I know there's a typo in panel two (missing " before the word 'alternative'). Are you annoyed by my starting a sentence with 'but' perhaps
I had no idea it was your strip, JunkMonkey - I thought it was pulled off the interweb.
In the first frame it says "But there are some things I know are wrong when hear them", and it should say ".. when I hear them". It seemed ironic to me, given the theme.

I had no idea it was your strip, JunkMonkey - I thought it was pulled off the interweb.
In the first frame it says "But there are some things I know are wrong when hear them", and it should say ".. when I hear them". It seemed ironic to me, given the theme.

Rats! so it does. Amazing that I didn't see that. Thank you.

I lost the I in the line break. I spend so much time struggling to get the shape of the words right in the balloons (it's a juggling act) - stacking them so they're all read in the right order and taking up as small a space as possible. They have to look pleasing and well balanced as well as legible. They have to flow. I read a lot of comics and I can forgive the most scrappy and hurried drawing style if the lettering is good but crappy amateurish lettering will sink the most beautiful art. It's a skill I both admire and struggle with. Sometimes the words loose their meaning and become abstract puzzle pieces.

Really when it comes to writing and character choices...

The choice must make sense to the character's character.
It might change as the character changes within the story.
It might be altered by a hierarchy of 'things that are important to the character'; enough to pull them out of character.

And sometimes they might surprise you by taking two choices when it seems normally that one is available. Sometime we are so focused we don't really see that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Exactly how they choose and what they chose are a part of the story arc and that's probably more important than thinking that they are stuck with only one choice. Whatever the choice...it needs to make sense within the story.

My big old dictionary says it’s fine as written:
D9C25314-1A9C-48CE-84DA-F4097EAF5071.jpeg

Back