WWIII Novel - 1980s

Dajuid

Way back when I was a young teen, I came across a series of books. Sadly, I recall very little except the beginning and some little details. I have been searching for years with no success. I was pleasantly surprised to find this website... so, dear sci fi lovers, I come to you with a request.

The story starts out with a family traveling along when, as they enter a very long tunnel, a nuclear strike occurs. The tunnel collapses on either end, trapping everyone. Those trapped are able to survive...

That, sadly, is all I remember... except the protagonist was a pilot and was a able to fly a harrier. I have often wondered if this is real or something I dreamt up!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm not 100%, but it ticks many of the boxes! Unfortunately there isn't a lot of info so I bought the book and will find out. The cover looks VERY familiar. Thanks Danny!
Ive never run access this one but, storywise what you looking for sounds quite interesting .:cool:

Kelly Country by A Bertram Chandler . This is not the book you're looking for but It's quite good and. one I do recommend A time travel er goes aback to 19th century Australia and changes history by preventing famed outlaw Ned Kelly from dying . :)

Last edited:
Pearls 2023-03-11 SIT WITH A GOOD BOOK-1.png