His Dark Materials - new series BBC1 Sunday 7pm

I've seen the first three eps. It's still hitting the mark. Is this the final season?

Is this the final season?
It covers the last book of the His Dark Materials trilogy and the BBC trailers keep saying its "the final season!" however, the first book of The Secret Commonwealth is a prequel (which I think they should have made first) and the second, and the third (not yet published), are sequels (though set 10 years later) and I'm sure we will see these adapted at some point too.

I had carefully set it to record. I settled down to watch it. The football coverage had overran, leaving me with half a program :mad:

Thank heavens for iPlayer :)

iPlayer has been wrong too though. Every time we started it it, it showed the end of Strictly Come Dancing - with the final winners - which my wife hadn't watched yet! I thought I'd made the mistake until she watched it for a third time. Given that these football matches often run into extra time and penalties, you'd think they could design a system that could cope. Anyway, sorry, nothing to do with the thread subject, but not the first time SFF programmes have been placed second to world affairs/sport programming. Before iPlayer and recording was possible, you often had to watch things after midnight, or else never see them at all.

Anybody finished this yet? I've just watched the last ep on iplayer. I really enjoyed the whole thing. My husband stopped watching after the first ep of the last series because he just found it all too confusing (he's not read the books). I have read the books and even though I can't remember a lot of the finer details I think it definitely helps with understanding what's going on. Still didn't like the lack of daemons.