Saving da bees.

Bees do so much for us in terms of the food we have to eat and, they do help with the flowers too . If possible, It's better to remove and not kill them .

Speaking as someone who kept bees for a few years, really impressed and also, those were placid bees. Some can be really arsey and when they are getting cross you hear "pings" as they bounce off your netting face mask because they are going at speed to attack you. Long term bee keepers do get stung sometimes, but generally other than the sharp sting going into your hand, you don't get much swelling in reaction because your body is accustomed to the bee venom.

I once helped my brother move one of his hives and I don't mind admitting I was pretty scared. It went without a hitch however. No stings and no fuss. My brother had told me that some bee keepers prefer not to wear protective clothing (he gave a reason but I can't remember what it was). This video is the first time I've seen a keeper work with no protection. The woman is pretty impressive and must be one cool customer.

Footnote: Ironic, is it not that my brother roped me in to help him move a hive but he wouldn't bring along his dog. Expendable? Me? ;)

Seeing the Bees in action working in the hives at various from , maintaining it ,caring for young drones , making honey, makes them lovable.:)

Last edited:
I've seen this lady in vids before, she's great. I've seen several bee keepers working without protective clothing now.

“Honey bees and wild bees are the most important pollinators of many of the fruits and vegetables we eat. Of 100 crop species that provide 90% of our global food supply, 71 are bee-pollinated. The value of pollination of food crops by bees in the U.S. alone is estimated at $16 billion and insect pollinators in general contribute $29 billion to U.S. farm income."

Fortunately, colony collapse disorder is declining, but bees are still disappearing at alarming rates. There are some things we can do to help. One of the biggest dangers to Bees are pesticides. Colonies can be too close to farms that use them, or the pesticides are spread through runoff.

Beehive fences have become a useful tool for helping farmers in elephant country protect their crops and also are a useful source of income.

Here is a research paper on the subject from Save the Elephant - they helped with the development

and a more popular article with photos.