November / December 100 Word Anonymous Challenge 2022 Discussion

@sule You have 18 correct!
PSA - Mon0zer0.
Cold of Heart - Guttersnipe.
Final Valore - THX1138.
Prosthetics - Victoria Silverwolf.
The Second Hand Shop - paranoid Martin.
Injury Time - Christine Wheelwright.
The problem with Intergalactic taxi driving - AnRoinnUltra.
The unfaithful mirror - AnRoinnUltra.
Trudgealong Rankle and the vacant Emperor - AnRoinnUltra.
See To It! - mosaix.
Operation Nightingale - Elckerlyc.
Designation H19187-ks993, MIA - Elckerlyc.
From a Mother to a Son - Guttersnipe.
The growing pains of Zalderbon Pendrocknel - AnRoinnUltra.
Pain Harvester - therapist.
Casualty - chrispenycate.
Wait a Second - Elckerlyc.
Infirmary - chrispenycate.

Bum, I missed the voting!!! Soz been busy posting books out. My votes would have gone to Personal Injury and Operation Nightingale.

Like @M. Robert Gibson I went for
Prosthetics (Favourite)
and
Personal Injury (Okay it's a cliche, but neatly delivered.)

While things are still anonymous I will say that when judging I tend to skip over stories that use established characters from
Star Trek, Dr. Who, Star Wars etc'. Using ready made characters is not really playing the 100 word 'creative'writing game fairly.
Just my 2 cents :)

I suppose it depends on what you do with the storylines. Mind you, I would say that seeing as I regularly put 1 or 2 entries in with 'known' characters:rolleyes:. I suppose it's easier because you don't have to establish any kind of background for the likes of Darth Vader or Captain Kirk, whereas completely fresh characters don't have that same advantage. I think that it can still be creative using established characters, but not as creative as creating new ones. But I think that it definitely puts you at a disadvantage when it comes to voting.

But that's why I enjoy the 100 Word Challenge so much, because you can chuck in a few fun and/or experimental, stories as well as more serious entries. When I write Darth or Who stories they are written for me rather than in expectation of winning the Challenge, although I don't deny that it makes me very happy if anyone shortlists or votes for them.

But that's why I enjoy the 100 Word Challenge so much, because you can chuck in a few fun and/or experimental, stories as well as more serious entries. When I write Darth or Who stories they are written for me rather than in expectation of winning the Challenge, although I don't deny that it makes me very happy if anyone shortlists or votes for them.
I think this does make our challenge special. From the one author, I'll often see different styles of writing and takes on the theme. Some will change the format and title fonts and spacing details too. There is room for playfulness, as we saw with @Mon0Zer0 this time :)

I think this does make our challenge special. From the one author, I'll often see different styles of writing and takes on the theme. Some will change the format and title fonts and spacing details too. There is room for playfulness, as we saw with @Mon0Zer0 this time :)

deffo. Although I'm both disappointed and happy for @AnnRoinnUltra that the ruse was rumbled so quickly.

As promised, my entry that I didn't post thanks to someone thinking the closing date was later :cry:

Over to the Final of the Football Galaxy Cup

"Well Jeff, the 90 minutes are almost up. I wonder how much injury time there'll be?"

"Me too Geoff. Wait. The linesman is holding up the board. It's... I don't believe it! Another 42 minutes! Where did all that time come from?"

"Well, there was the horrific tackle on the Betelgeuse IV fullback and the waiting for his tentacles to regenerate. And don't forget the referee had to check VAR for the thirteenth goal which clearly showed the Terran attacker using some sort of time travel."

"Ah yes, of course. How could I forget? Well let's hope the excitement continues."

It needed a bit more polishing, but the referee blew his whistle for full time and it was game over.

Congrats, @Christine Wheelwright. I loved your story.
For my entry, I had been considered doing at least 2 stories; one being the events leading up to the injury, and the 2nd being the aftermath, or possibly from the opposite perspective (a bit like those Clint Eastwood films, Flags of Our Fathers, and Letter to Iwo Jima).

Missed opportunity, I suppose, but then December has been total chaos for me, so I think just getting a single entry in was an achievement.