Tales of the Jedi

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
I watched the first of these (an18 minute long animation.) Within 3 minutes, as the wife left to go out "hunting" with the 1-year-old Ahsoka, I knew what the story would be. I hope the rest are a little less predictable and deriviative. That was even without reading this overview:

Journey into the lives of two distinctly different Jedi from the prequel era – Ahsoka Tano and Count Dooku. Each will be put to the test as they make choices that will define their destinies.

I admit that I would like to learn more about Count Dooku.

No one else?

I've seen four now. You could say that they merely and unnecessarily fill in gaps in the story, but I like them - great animation, and it is quite easy to understand why Dooku can still think he is doing right, despite the death of Qui-Gon-Jinn and a cooling off of his relationship with Mace Windu.

I've seen all 6 and on the whole they were pretty good. The stories were not great literature, but they do sit nicely in the Star Wars Canon. As they are short I might just watch them again.

When I was watching the first one, my nine year old granddaughters were in the same room and they found it pretty intense. I had to keep assuring them that the "Baby" was not going to get hurt. I waited until they were gone to watch any more. I should have known better but someone when I see animation I don't think intense, but it certainly can be.

Another Star Wars show to add to my ever growing "to watch" list.

Feedback on this one appears to be quite positive.

Feedback on this one appears to be quite positive.
It gives depth to Ashoka, Count Dooku and Emperor. Written by Dave Filoni. So it stays true, but it's not really something you'll need to watch to get things. The Rebels is more important.