Are you Interested in Reviewing the Sci-Fi Classic Battlefield Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulietWills

Supporter
For the 40th anniversary of Battlefield Earth, the publisher is offering a reading copy to science fiction readers who have not yet read it. This is a limited opportunity, so if you are interested, please let me know soonest. We released the 21st century edition a few years ago with author notes and his last media interview. Fascinating. Thanks.

Battlefield Earth was a rare DNF for me.

Just a reminder, everybody, that we don't talk religion here, which also means we don't comment adversely on other people's beliefs, no matter what we might think of them. We also treat other members with respect, particularly new members.

If anyone wants a copy of the book, speak up. Otherwise, pipe down.

(If anyone wants to produce a review of the novel as a novel, to give potential readers some idea of what to make of it, then use the Reviews section and link to the thread here.)

Last edited:
(If anyone wants to produce a review of the novel as a novel, to give potential readers some idea of what to make of it, then use the Reviews section and link to the thread here.)

Okay then, rather than open a new thread I added to the end of this::

I know someone who won the illustrator of the future contest--and he said--it was a really classy affair. They flew him out and were really nice and the prizes were pretty darn good.
And apparently, they never brought up scientology at all. This was about--time sure flies--20 years ago.

It's intriguing what role it plays in Hollywood--I am sure it is not what we are led to believe. There must be some ulterior Hollywoodism reasons for them to encourage it so much.
Especially with Travolta and Cruise--a distraction from something else people might focus on about them so they divert your attention with his scientology. Cruise's first ex-wife Rogers made a ton of money in a settlement they gave her.
The Rapture was a memorable movie BTW.

I know someone who won the illustrator of the future contest--and he said--it was a really classy affair. They flew him out and were really nice and the prizes were pretty darn good.
And apparently, they never brought up scientology at all. This was about--time sure flies--20 years ago.

It's intriguing what role it plays in Hollywood--I am sure it is not what we are led to believe. There must be some ulterior Hollywoodism reasons for them to encourage it so much.
Especially with Travolta and Cruise--a distraction from something else people might focus on about them so they divert your attention with his scientology. Cruise's first ex-wife Rogers made a ton of money in a settlement they gave her.

With the right producer /director and the right script , this actually could have become a major science fiction film franchise.

Folks, do you want a free book to review or not? That is all this thread should be about. :)

Also remember to discuss the post, not the poster, so I've removed a string of posts that went beyond that. In the meantime, why waste your energy on posting negative posts about things you don't like? We have thousands of discussion threads about other authors, at least some which you must like, so maybe better focusing your energy on those instead? :)

In the meantime I haven't actually read Battlefield Earth so ordinarily I'd be tempted by a free review copy, it's just that I'm still too ill to read much. However, if you do want a copy feel free to message in this thread or PM JulietWills asking for one. :)

Folks, do you want a free book to review or not? That is all this thread should be about. :)

Also remember to discuss the post, not the poster, so I've removed a string of posts that went beyond that. In the meantime, why waste your energy on posting negative posts about things you don't like? We have thousands of discussion threads about other authors, at least some which you must like, so maybe better focusing your energy on those instead? :)

In the meantime I haven't actually read Battlefield Earth so ordinarily I'd be tempted by a free review copy, it's just that I'm still too ill to read much. However, if you do want a copy feel free to message in this thread or PM JulietWills asking for one. :)

We'd definitely be interested in your take on this novel .:)

Didn’t read it… heared mixed opinions about it… For free? Sounds cool, but not sure about the review tho.
What form do you expect, and do you want anonymous reviews or signed?

I would put Battlefield Earth into the early 70s SciFi that's all Ray Guns and aliens. Take it for what it is and it's ok.
If you like early 70s stuff, you'll be fine.

I've never seen the movie, does anyone know where this can be downloaded from?

Didn’t read it… heared mixed opinions about it… For free? Sounds cool, but not sure about the review tho.
What form do you expect, and do you want anonymous reviews or signed?
I can send you the eBook with a download link. It is entirely up to you if you decide to review and where and if you want to keep it anonymous.

I would put Battlefield Earth into the early 70s SciFi that's all Ray Guns and aliens. Take it for what it is and it's ok.
If you like early 70s stuff, you'll be fine.

I've never seen the movie, does anyone know where this can be downloaded from?
Thanks for your feedback. The movie can be dowloaded on Amazon. Have you tried the audio version?

Writtiers of the future, and Chrons are the only two writing forums i (more/less) actively participate in.
Never saw anyone ever talking about religion there.
And If i sound in any way prolysterising—I write from Poland. We don’t even have Mormons here…
(double checks)
Oh…. we have…

Though I am very new here and some time has passed, I would Love a copy of Battlefield Earth to review.
Growing up, my brother would read books to me. From Storm Bringer and Elric of Melnebonaaaaa something or other.. to Piers Anthony and even tales regarding a Stainless Steel Rat.
Battlefield Earth was the last book. Though I had been reading Dungeons and Dragons Choose Your Own Adventures all on my own. My brother would still grace me with a chapter here and there as we traveled through unending worlds and the trials and tribulations of their inhabitants.
Ironically, after my brother filled me in a bit about the next book he had chosen, I was extremely excited but kind of worried about trying to follow so many storylines and characters. The night came and he broke out the book and very quickly I stopped him and stated that this book isn't at all what I had invisioned, I thought that Eye of the World was going to be more of ... He stopped me there. He had packed that book, as he was moving away for college. He had chosen thus other book to read for his trip down. It was Battlefield Earth, and just his premise alone got me excited and ready to go.
That is when some friends of his showed up and stole him away for a night out before he ventured off to college.
We never did get to read again and it was a decade before we actually found away to hangout in anyway at all. So seeing this invitation to review Battle Field Earth... really sparked something off in me and brought back alot of memories that I forgot I even had.
As you can see, my writing skills are far from skills, and to refer to them as writing is a reach as well but I would enjoy the journey as well as the entertainment my brother would enjoy as well as the mischieviously, exquisite, scathing review he would undoubtedly paint of my review.
My God, I should not try to write anything when I am tired.
If this was read at all, Thank You for atleast entertaining my request and again Thank You for allowing me to register with this site, it seems to have endless entertainment and information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back