11.17: The Walking Dead - Lockdown

ctg

weaver of the unseen
x9d8rt2.jpg

Daryl and Negan must save their familes from Hornby. Pamela deals with protesters demanding justice for Sebastian's crimes. Mercer needs Rosita's help to fight a swarm.

I have no excuses on not putting these up. The truth is, I'm terrible at saying goodbyes. I don't want to do them, and therefore I avoid doing them. Sorry.

WMX6thk.jpg

It still bothers me six months later that Gabriel is carrying the rifle on his blind eye side. I know his eye is just a prop and it's really blind, but because it is a prop his character breaks down. The fact is that there has been plenty of almost blind people who have done shooting. Some totally blind people have done it as well, despite the need to see the target, but it hasn't stopped them from pulling them trigger. To correct the flaw, he'd have to carry on the weak hand side, but he doesn't do it because the blind eye is just a prop.

One thing he was right about was that longer they stayed out, longer Hornsby would have time to kill their friends. Thanks to Negan walking out from Alexandria and all that mess, they had a move they could exploit to gain an upper hand. What I didn't expect him to do was to pull out the Whisperer mask and go out to murder Hornsby's stormies.

Hornsby's went mental on losing two men and a car, but because he's stupid, he couldn't understand how the radios work. He wanted to warn Commonwealth about the break in the relationship, but couldn't do anything constructive. What I don't get is why he has such a good luck that on the first shot that Daryl took on him, the man only got a scratch, while the stormies went down left and right.

Despite the flaws, it was a pleasure to watch the only car chase scene in TWD's history for a long, long time.

6s4G0dh.jpg

Why is that American has such a big sewers? This one was depicted from ground level as a storm surge one, and yet, at below the street it is way bigger than one needed to drain flash waters. And it got bigger. Cavernous even.

So big in fact that all the people had plenty of space to commit an ambush despite Hornsby having greater numbers than them.

7CqLNUh.jpg

"We want justice. Deliver Sebastian now." Man, people in the Commonwealth are more active than we are today. In that shot there's at least a hundred people demanding justice, despite the governor being a tyrant. Yet, Pamela tried to make them to swallow her propaganda, which is strange because she was acting like a politician and not a dictator.

Because of her inability to handle the business, Mercer walked into a meeting with Negan, where he told that Hornsby were on his sights, and he could have the man against April. Negan asked him a good question, "Nobody is playing by the rules, so why are you?"

It was clear that there was nothing he could say as Negan got in to see the Old World glory one more time going down in the protest. All while the icecream truck remained open. At the background, the plan for exit were formed instead of trying to hold the city as a horde gathered outside the walls. It was as if the former Alexandrians knew already that there was no way they could hold on to the pleasures of the Old World.

It's weird because ASZ with much fewer people took on many hordes, while the Commonwealth just descended towards complete chaos.

The weirder move was by the nightfall Negan and Carol saved Sebastian from governor's secret room, and the old man took willingly blows for saving Sebastian's sorry bottom. Why would Negan do that?

All while the man in the town square were using megaphone to speak over the protestors. Had he not heard that noises draw in the dead people? As nobody complied to his demands, he ordered stormies to disperse the crowd by using tear gas, thus causing even more noises.

The old world never dies, eh?

Pamela defended the action by claiming it was for "the safety. As it always is." When the wonder boy came home, the governor gave him a hug, a slap and then accusing him of cocking things up. Stranger thing is that she wasn't listening to Yumiko, but were willing to make a deal with Carol.

Yet, Pamela tried to make them to swallow her propaganda, which is strange because she was acting like a politician and not a dictator.
That was the part in the whole episode that didn't work for me. They had all those people (as you say, a substantial fraction of the whole population) getting agitated and holding up protest signs saying "Down with this sort of thing". Pamela has been on the loudspeaker for long enough that she had started to answer questions from the crowd, but Yumiko comes out, tells them there will be an investigation, and most start to immediately wander away. It just wouldn't happen.

Pamela defended the action by claiming it was for "the safety. As it always is." When the wonder boy came home, the governor gave him a hug, a slap and then accusing him of cocking things up. Stranger thing is that she wasn't listening to Yumiko, but were willing to make a deal with Carol.
That part is actually more believable, however the excitable crowd would have surged, someone would have been hurt, shots would be fired, and many innocent people would have died. After that, there could be no deals made.

Just catching up. That was a fairly exciting episode. Plenty of action and gore. The outer defences of the Commonwealth look sort of flimsy. I would have thought a line of those jeeps with the heavy guns would clear that swarm of walkers with ease.

Reactions: ctg