1.06 The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power—Udun

The thing about the fantasy orcs is that not everyone depicts them as evil creatures. Some writers make an effort to make their orcish characters to appear heroes.
Yes, I have noticed that. And in their own worlds they can do what they want, and more power to them if they do a convincing job of fleshing out their own characters. But the nature of Tolkien's orcs is too well known and too well-established—and just as you describe it—to be redeemed by a single speech from Adar.

Who will not survive? Queen Regent Míriel, Valendil, Ontamo, Halbrand, Theo, Bronwyn, and Arondir.

It does seem like Miriel has outlived her usefulness to the plot, but I think I have seen more scenes that include her in the trailers. Of course, trailers are not entirely to be trusted. I've seen some for movies that used clips that were cut from the films themselves.

Valandil and Ontamo seem definitely expendable, and I fear for Theo, Bronwyn, and Arondir, as well. But I believe too many unanswered questions and speculations about Halbrand have been raised to cut him out of the story as yet (if at all).

I fear for Theo, Bronwyn, and Arondir, as well. But I believe too many unanswered questions and speculations about Halbrand have been raised to cut him out of the story as yet (if at all).
Hollywood's golden rule: No one important dies off-screen. In a book those would all be POV characters. My guess is if they die during the series, they will be given a "good" death, not the Middle-Earth equivalent of falling from a cliff while taking a selfie.
Plus Bronwyn just escaped what looked like certain death via orcish acupuncture, a wound that would have spelled the end of any character not wearing a name tag. Her plot armor is now thicker than anyone else's, except perhaps Galadriel's and Halbrand's.
If I had to guess, I'd say no one whose name we know died. Perhaps Isildur's friends. But the rest will just get up and dust themselves off amidst a sea of anonymous corpses at the start of this week's episode.

Hollywood's golden rule: No one important dies off-screen. In a book those would all be POV characters. My guess is if they die during the series, they will be given a "good" death, not the Middle-Earth equivalent of falling from a cliff while taking a selfie.
Plus Bronwyn just escaped what looked like certain death via orcish acupuncture, a wound that would have spelled the end of any character not wearing a name tag.
All good points!

Although it would be particularly poignant if Bronwyn did die so soon after she so narrowly escaped death-by-bleeding out—the equivalent of leading us to believe that everything was good after the battle, and then hitting us with an erupting volcano.

But what makes you think that a pregnancy resulting from a one-night stand or a casual affair would be accepted in Hordern?
It's interesting that people on this thread are spelling it Hodern, because most of the internet spells it Horden. But like some others, I'm wondering if the scriptwriters named the village after Michael Hordern, who played Gandalf in the BBC radio version of LOTR. Are there any other examples in the show like that?

I can never remember how to spell it right. When I try to write it correctly, the r roams all over the place.

But as for other names, I think that on the big raft, when survivors of the shipwreck were talking about someone whose life they maybe hadn't wanted to save, the name sounded like one of their writers.