Another Western Idea

Timben

I'm writing another western, about a female outlaw gang. But I think I've developed writer's block. I've written four pages and then I've stopped. My brain is fried at the moment.

It sounds like you need to take a breather from the writing , relax , unwind and lets the batteries recharge.

Last edited:
I had the same problem. Took a few months off and did the changes and other writing for fun (3 leg improve ect) threads while I rethought the beginning of my novel. Thats because my story writing skills needed working on. (that's just me!)

Like @BAYLOR said, take a break chill and relax for a bit. :)

I rewrote the beginning over like three or four times because a friend of mine didn't like it. Now I'm on page 4 where I usually am past that. Trying to force my brain to work it out but its no use.

I rewrote the beginning over like three or four times because a friend of mine didn't like it. Now I'm on page 4 where I usually am past that. Trying to force my brain to work it out but its no use.
Take a mental break for a few days or even a week or two or yourself. Your story will still be there for you.:)

Find something to inspire you. Another book. A move. A game. Something to take you out of your head for a while (and maybe remind you why you're writing in the first place).

All of these suggestions to relax sound good.

One problem with the idea is what would it be based on? Was there ever a 19th century all female gang anywhere? Western US? Mexico? Sicily? Great Britain?

I think it would work better if the story would be sci-fi. The all-female crime syndicate could do their underground business on a planet at the outskirts of colonized space, like a space frontier.

Sounds like an awesome theme! For me, I find music videos inspiring, but another great thing is automatic writing. Total stream of conciousness. Let it pour out on the page, right there where you left off in the document. You might be suprised how much of it will end up being usable later on, but at the very least it'll help relieve the jitters :)

Back