(Found) Fantasy book where people get "power stones" added to their backs so they can generate special powers

giggsy10

Hello, I am searching for a fantasy book (series) for my younger brother.
Things that I remember
- Several thin books (less that 100 pages each probably)
- Plot from the first book: A family is betrayed by oldest brother. Just a brother and sister (or twins maybe) survive. They are taken to some secret group of refugees where the boy falls in love with their female leader.
- Many characters in the book have some stones put in their bodies when they are young. This stones give them powers like summoning creatures made from dirt and stone etc...
I read this books when I was around 12. But can't find them anymore in the library.
That is all I remember. And sorry for my English:)

Never heard of this one :unsure:

This is not you're looking for but hey is series that you might want consider if you can find what your looking for.
The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander its a 5 book series . :cool:

Many characters in the book have some stones put in their bodies when they are young. This stones give them powers like summoning creatures made from dirt and stone etc
This is the Broken Sky series by Chris Wooding
And here's a quote from the Wikipedia page (to save you reading the entire article) that matches your sentence about stones being put into young bodies:-

"While the societies in Broken Sky rely on various infrastructures for their survival, such as water or Tusami City's magma-based geothermal power, one commodity which appears to rule many facets of daily life is the Spirit Stone. Extracted by mining as an inert, colourless gemstone, the Spirit Stones only take on their characteristic colour after being implanted by a Deliverer during a ritualistic ceremony called the pah'nu'kah.

During the ritual, the Spirit Stones are implanted along the spine - specifically, in the voids between their vertebrae - of a newborn child, being partially phased into their bodies so that only one hemisphere is visible. Once the ritual is complete, both the stones and the child forge a connection with the ley lines - conduits of raw energy running beneath the earth - giving the stones a specific colour and the child command over a certain ability later in life"

Last edited:

Back