WiFi In Samsung Flatscreen TV

@dask
I did a search for your TV model and could find no reference to any internet connection wired or otherwise. According to the specs, you have one USB port, one HDMI and no ethernet. This appears to correlate with the lack of reference in the manual.

There is a way you could still stream to your TV but it's a bit longwinded. You'd have to run an HDMI cable from a PC or Laptop to your TV and use the TV as a second monitor (streaming via PC or Laptop). Most laptops and PC video cards have HDMI outputs and your TV has one too. To be honest, it would be too much hassle I think.

I wonder how old it is because wifi is pretty standard nowadays.

You'd have to run an HDMI cable from a PC or Laptop to your TV and use the TV as a second monitor (streaming via PC or Laptop).
My wife and I used, until a few months ago, a 9 year-old Philips flatscreen (bought new), with no WiFi capability (we didn't need it for WiFi, originally). Later, we used a Chromebook (laptop) to connect just as Foxbat describes here, to our TV, and then streamed from the laptop to the TV.
Google, with our Chromebook, calls this 'mirroring'. So I wonder if you've seen, with your Samsung, any references to mirroring, dask? It was a complete hit-or-miss venture, with mirroring working fine for days, and then refusing to work for days more. I troubleshot dozens of times over the years, trying to see why things stopped working, and never was able to reliably get mirroring issues resolved (might have been my own inadequacies as a troubleshooter). Some of the failures were related to internet issues, I think. But this can be a frustrating way of using a flatscreen to stream.
I hope you find a way of getting this all to work for you, dask, CC

Just to add to @Cat's Cradle info: I’ve pottered about with running a Laptop through a TV HDMI socket and, although I didn’t have the same issues, at regular intervals, the TV screen would go black for a second and then carry on as normal. I never got to the bottom of what caused this but I wondered (because of the regularity) if it was some kind of memory cache clearance issue.

Not an ideal solution but workable despite these irritating issues.

Google, with our Chromebook, calls this 'mirroring'. So I wonder if you've seen, with your Samsung, any references to mirroring, dask?
That’s what started all of this. Somehow I stumbled across “mirroring“ for iPads on YouTube and thought I’d give it a try because it sounded so “easy.” Then the obstacles started sprouting through the digital dirt like dragon’s teeth. Our PC is old and glacially slow anyway, not sure if it would be worth dragging cords across the room for little or no profit if I understand what’s been written above. May wait till I upgrade to a little bigger screen (after the supply chain has unclogged enough for the current prices to drop a little) and make sure it’s WiFi compatible. Appreciate all the advice and information. Thank you.

Just to add to @Cat's Cradle info: I’ve pottered about with running a Laptop through a TV HDMI socket and, although I didn’t have the same issues, at regular intervals, the TV screen would go black for a second and then carry on as normal. I never got to the bottom of what caused this but I wondered (because of the regularity) if it was some kind of memory cache clearance issue.

Not an ideal solution but workable despite these irritating issues.
I had the same problem when watching on my Samsung via a Humax PVR connected via an HDMI port. The Samsung has several HDMI ports and the problem was solved by switching to a spare one.

My Samsung TV has an interchangeable Common Interface adaptor that contains all the connectivity ports - HDMI, LAN etc.

When my TV started playing up within the guarantee period a technician arrived and replaced the CI in a matter of seconds - problem solved.

I assumed - rightly or wrongly - that the actual TV is common across the range and it is the CI that varies from model to model.

I don’t know how much a replacement one would cost but is it possible to upgrade the TV by buying an upgraded CI with the required WIFI ports?

Last edited: