House of the Dragon.

althea

If I won't be myself,who will be?
Is anyone watching this series yet? I have watched three episodes.
I suppose you can't blame George RR Martin for adding his name to this, the money must be a big incentive.
I think making this series is a mistake. AGOT stood on it's own and didn't need a back story.
I think it's a shame when media moguls decide to milk a good story to death because it is popular.
I know I'm old fashioned, I was brought up to believe the original is always best.
This series is lacking in many ways. From now on I will not be watching.

Is anyone watching this series yet? I have watched three episodes.
I suppose you can't blame George RR Martin for adding his name to this, the money must be a big incentive.
I think making this series is a mistake. AGOT stood on it's own and didn't need a back story.
I think it's a shame when media moguls decide to milk a good story to death because it is popular.
I know I'm old fashioned, I was brought up to believe the original is always best.
This series is lacking in many ways. From now on I will not be watching.
I think you're right on all counts.
I absolutely loved GOT. Yet, halfway through the first season here, I'm still trying (and failing) to warm to this show.
Somebody posted that the characters are unlikeable. That's part of it for me. Matt Smith and Milly Alcock seem especially miscast.
I'm also finding the power struggle boring and the princess's coming-of-age story disturbing. The dragons are the only element keeping me watching, and even those scenes are too often distant shots of them cavorting aloft.
I am wondering how long HOTD can continue this lackluster ride on the back of its predecessor.

Your description of this series' shortcomings is absolutely bang on the nail.