It's a Small World - the modelling thread.

Kampfgruppe Knaust from Arnhem, with the man himself (front and centre) modelled with a walking stick as he had an artificial right leg...

DO I LOOK LIKE I'VE HAD MY HAPPY MEAL?

Happy Genestealer.jpg

I don't do modelling, but over the years I have bought several models of figures from Hieronymus Bosch paintings.

Saw the first part of the documentary and it reminded me of my greatest childhood regret: no room in our house for a train set. My dad once took a very much younger me to visit a friend of his who had a massive layout in his converted loft. I was entranced and I suspect if we'd been better off, my dad may well have also succumbed to the hobby.

Here in the Hall of Heroes, we have marble busts of those whose deeds shall live forever in the annals of the chapter.

Captain Shoutyface
Captain Shoutyface's younger brother
Old Grim Dude
Young Grim Dude, and
We Don't Talk About Chaplain Bob

1d620d950a2341e9.jpg

The perspective makes the rigging look really wonky, whereas it's actually absolutely straight!
Do you find it difficult to get just the right tension on the rigging? I've found it to be a big problem on 1/700 scale. It's very easy to end up with a bow in your mast and have sagging rigging if one is tighter than the rest. I'd guess that using after-market brass masts would help and add not only quality but significant rigidity.

I've just finshed washing down all the parts for my 1/700 Akagi. Now I've just got to find the courage to build the damn thing!

If I had to visualise a destroyer, that is exactly what it would look like.
Exactly - and if you compare her with a Tribal-class destroyer, from 20 years later, it shows just how right they got the design of the Vs and Ws. A bit bigger, heavier armament, bulkier superstructure, but more similar than not. And the Tribals had all of a 1-knot advantage in speed! (35k-36k)

hqdefault.jpg

HMS Mashona - 1937​