DISCUSSION THREAD -- SEPTEMBER 2022 -- 75 Word Challenge

@VRlass .... Unequal hearts .... V.R.L. speaks of the harshness which can be found in a rigid code of honor.

@BigJ .... The Burden of Command .... B. J. writes a tale of a great honor and a greater sacrifice,

I'm in as Bowler1 swings a Samauri sword about as only he can. I've gone all Japanese, but I'm not the only one this month and I suspect I won't be the last either.

Help... I think I've cut myself.

@Bowler1 .... Meiyo ,,,, B. 1. combines the warped honor of Ninjas and advanced tech to write a memorable story.

@Phyrebrat .... Watchman .... P.B. helps us remember that while time is fleeting an honorable loyalty lasts.

This month I've swapped my pitchfork for a samurai sword, but only to keep the mob on trend. Fashion is a hard mistress, but we do what we can.

It is Meiyo, which means honour and is part of the Bushido code. I had to Google honour as it doesn't sit well with pitchforks in general and that brought me to all things in Japan, and so on.

Yeah, when you said you go samurai, i hadd to go again and i noticed the title isnt maiko (geisha apprentice). I had some geisha assassin vibes from your story, but its actually not specified and ninja/samurai works well to :D

Well, I'm in nice and early for once. Excellent pick, @Parson. I was about to decry the word limit, and how it stunts sentences that would otherwise flow more naturally. But, in truth, isn't it just an excellent tool for honing one's craft, and teaching us all how to be concise?

@Swank .... Code of the Admiralty .... Swank reminds us that it is more important to do the honorable thing first, rather than save one's honor later.

@BT Jones .... Kokumin No Meiyo No Tame Ni .... BTJ explores the interface between honor and freedom and makes us sit and think on it a while.

(Suggestion: My Google Translate wouldn't translate BT's title. I think I probably have missed something/everything revealed by the title. Maybe a translation next to our non-English titles would be an advisable suggestion to anyone who uses a foreign language?}

Back