DISCUSSION THREAD -- SEPTEMBER 2022 -- 75 Word Challenge

Bowler1 arrives blasting away with his RAY GUN and swinging a pitchfork - I've been practicing, it's hard to manage both at once.

Honour eh? I best go look it up - I'll be right back.

Honour - the quality of knowing and doing what is morally right - I think this month might be a problem.

Bowler1 glares at Parson, with that special pitchfork glare....

Honour - the quality of knowing and doing what is morally right - I think this month might be a problem.

Bowler1 glares at Parson, with that special pitchfork glare....
And what would you expect from a Parson? But perhaps the story might be about someone who does not have honor.

Maybe Her Honor will revisit a certain judge from her past writing.

Edit: I meant to add that I played around, but not very seriously, with the idea of suggesting "In the style of David Weber" but then the word limit would have to be 7500 instead of 75.

Last edited:
@Victoria Silverwolf - This was just fun all around. Starting I thought it was maybe some sort of video call and then we find out it's not. I feel it's very much something that could happen in the future and I would not mind reading more into this to see where things go!

@Christine Wheelwright - Wow, plot twist? I'm here for it and all the sanity that he/she has left. I feel this could very much be me in the same life.

@THX1138 .... The Crown .... THX writes a story which helps us to understand that the intention to honor is good even when the verbiage gets fouled up.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... That Thy Days May Be Long Upon the Land .... Victoria makes us wonder about the limits of honoring you parents.

@Firebeard Jeff .... The day he died I stopped drinking .... Jeff writes us a sweetly melancholy story of honoring the past, and moving into the future.

@Christine Wheelwright .... The Earth Citizen of The Year Award .... Christine makes us wonder about how special a special honor really is.

@Raz2k13 .... Screw Honor .... Raz writes a story that resonates with anyone who's been manipulated by a false honor.

I was going to take offense, but I can't be bothered. Parson has me bang to rights.
I was not aiming at you!! I was aiming at a story line. I am not into subtle put downs, or put downs of any kind.

@Troyzan787 .... One Last Step .... Troy writes a story of a personal sacrifice which honors those he loves.

@Iwroteathing .... First Draft .... IWTT shows us a man of honor in a poetical self reflection.

@Guttersnipe .... Honor Gone Awry .... G.S. leaves us with a shudder with a story that shows how far wrong honor can go.

@JS Wiig .... Honor Among Thieves .... J.S.W. turns a much maligned proverb about honor into a word of truth.

Okay people 9 stories and we are still on September 1? But they were great stories and the rest of us are going to have to hitch up our pants and do our best work. Are we up for 50 stories this month?

Ooh.

Sits down behind computer, pen dripping treecats and… but no! I'd never squeeze that into seventy-five words.

Besides, I've already saturated Parson with those.:giggle:

THX1138 honors valor, regardless of social status.

Firebeard Jeff honors artistry that outlasts the artist.

Christine Wheelwright honors the mind's ability to deal with adversity.

Raz2k13 honors common sense in dangerous situations.

Troyzan787 honors sacrifice in the name of loved ones.

Iwroteathing honors being able to see through hypocrisy.

Guttersnipe honors the power to learn from the destructive ethics of others.

JS Wiig honors the bit of good in the worst of us.

There's mine. Good stories so far!

And great choices, Parson. I always love when the genre is 'Open'. Just lets the mind wander in different directions, more freely, I think.

Good luck with your stories, those yet to enter, CC

@chrispenycate .... The honour of the family .... C.P. shows misplaced honor and its grim remains.

@Jo Zebedee .... For Peace .... J. Z. tells us a story that made tears well up in my eyes and made me consider the importance of honoring my neighbor in the Biblical sense.

@Cat's Cradle .... The New Queen's Bath .... C. C. writes a tale of honor worthy of Louis XIV's court.

Back