When will Artemis and Project Hail Mary come to the silver screen?

albertserene

I am a big fan of Andy Weir. Enjoying his novels very much. I know that both books's film rights have been purchased. Artemis belongs to 21th Century Fox(Disney) and Project Hail Mary to MGM. But I haven't heard any progress on them. Can't wait to see them on the big screen.

I have a better idea. Why don't all those "silver screen" people write their own original stories instead of butchering perfectly good books.

I have a better idea. Why don't all those "silver screen" people write their own original stories instead of butchering perfectly good books.
Like Gone With the Wind and The Color Purple?

Really? Thought those were books first.
Yes. Were they butchered by being adapted to film? Same with The Godfather, Get Shorty, To Kill a Mockingbird, Breakfast At Tiffany's, 2010, The Maltese Falcon, etc?

Yes. Were they butchered by being adapted to film? Same with The Godfather, Get Shorty, To Kill a Mockingbird, Breakfast At Tiffany's, 2010, The Maltese Falcon, etc?
No idea. I haven't watched any of them.

Not all film adaptions of books do a poor job. Some do, of course, but even when they do, the book is still there in its original form for anyone who wants to read it. But to answer your (no doubt rhetorical) question: they write dramatizations of literary classics or currently popular books because these attract audiences. If the day comes when audiences start demanding more originality and less familiarity, then no doubt film studios will oblige them, or else find themselves out of business.