Children's book with Trolls and two awful uncles

K. W. Dalton

I've been trying to find this book for ages.

I read it in elementary, which was early 2000s. It was about this boy who had lost his father and was forced to move in with his two awful uncles. The uncles made him do all the chores, were cruel to him, etc etc. There was a scene where the lady of the lake dragged the uncles' dog under the ice. At the end, the Trolls that lived in a hill nearby opened it up and the Trolls had a feast. The uncles turned into trolls themselves and the boy escaped with his friend (a girl).

The only other thing I remember is the cover: dark blue, with a painting of the Troll's hill showing the golden hole/doorway on the front.

I've been trying to find this book for ages.

I read it in elementary, which was early 2000s. It was about this boy who had lost his father and was forced to move in with his two awful uncles. The uncles made him do all the chores, were cruel to him, etc etc. There was a scene where the lady of the lake dragged the uncles' dog under the ice. At the end, the Trolls that lived in a hill nearby opened it up and the Trolls had a feast. The uncles turned into trolls themselves and the boy escaped with his friend (a girl).

The only other thing I remember is the cover: dark blue, with a painting of the Troll's hill showing the golden hole/doorway on the front.
Troll fell by Katherine Langrish