story about people and cars getting pierced by invisible objects in mid air. later they hang balloons and buckets on them to show where they are.

Stompy Robot

childrens toy spins metal objects so fast,they dissapear. later they start slowly reappear in mid air. causing much danger to to running or driving

childrens toy spins metal objects so fast,they dissapear. later they start slowly reappear in mid air. causing much danger to to running or driving

A little more detail about when and where you read it may help us. If it was a story you read 30 years ago for instance, it would let us eliminate a LOT of more recent stuff.

Yea, was around 60 years ago. I think I was between 12 and 14 not sure. use to read so much sci fi. It could have been a short story.

anyone ever read about a toy that spins metal things into dissappearing? then they slowly reappear in mid air causing people to get hurt on them. I read this story in late 50's or early 60's Thanks in advance for any response Live Long, and read on!

anyone ever read about a toy that spins metal things into dissappearing? then they slowly reappear in mid air causing people to get hurt on them. I read this story in late 50's or early 60's Thanks in advance for any response Live Long, and read on!
This is the same post that you've already made, one is enough!
It hasn't been answered yet but that doesn't mean there aren't search engines humming away trying to source it for you :)

I understand Stompy's yearning to get that story identified, though! I could see myself putting forth the same request in more than one thread too.

This couldn't be that Moore-Kuttner story, what's its name, could it?