What are Your Thoughts on Disney's Ownership of the Marvel And Star Wars Franchises ?

One thing I'd like to see in the Star Wars films is a samurai style movie.
Not off saving the Galaxy but along the lines of The Seven Samurai or Yojimbo with Jedi defending the "villagers".
I think many of Akira Kurosawa's films would work in the Star Wars context. Maybe it's because the Light Sabres make me think of Katana.
I don't see the TV shows so this may have been done already.

I've got a book about the designs for The Mandalorian, and apparently the episode "The Jedi" in Season 2 was explicitly supposed to be a samurai story. I'm surprised that Star Wars hasn't gone all-in on this, as the Jedi remind me of a mixture of samurai and the more "magical" kung fu films.

One of my thoughts about the beyond-excellent Andor was that it benefitted greatly from the classic Star Wars elements (Tie-fighters, Stormtroopers etc) being used so sparingly (but also so well). One reason I didn't like the prequels and am not interested in lots of the Disney stuff is that Jedi seem almost to be the default class of person. (Plus none of their enemies seemed to realise that their blaster-deflection powers are useless if you shoot from multiple sides at once, which was just dumb as ****.) The idea of a lone samurai-like Jedi figure in an otherwise Andor-like world is very appealing. (But not Kenobi, someone new.)

I agree. The jedi are sometimes the equivalent of the space marines in Warhammer: overpowered poster children who are often the least interesting aspect of the setting. It's a bit like those fantasy games where the solution to being locked in a prison is just to cast the spell of opening on all the doors: the lack of super-powers can make the story much more dramatic.

Not off saving the Galaxy but along the lines of The Seven Samurai or Yojimbo with Jedi defending the "villagers".
I think many of Akira Kurosawa's films would work in the Star Wars context. Maybe it's because the Light Sabres make me think of Katana.
I don't see the TV shows so this may have been done already.
Type "bandai star wars samurai" into google image search.

Surely the connection has long been well known

And even hereabouts, it’s been mentioned in Star Wars threads for over twenty years

Surely the connection has long been well known

And even hereabouts, it’s been mentioned in Star Wars threads for over twenty years
Lucas originally wanted to do Flash Gordon.