(Found) People lived in glass houses/tech allowed everyone knew everything about one another

laf

Novel- Read as a paperback in the 2000's. Was not old. People lived in glass houses (even bathroom) because the tech allowed everyone to know everything about each other. However, some people hid in black clocks. There was also an element of time travel to the past.

I haven't read it (in the Pile) but it naturally makes me think of Charles Stross' Glasshouse.

I haven't read it (in the Pile) but it naturally makes me think of Charles Stross' Glasshouse.
It does sound like Glasshouse (which I read quite a while ago, so I may be mistaken).

Thank you but it wasn't glass house. It was a collaboration of two authors. I think one author started it and then a relative (maybe son) finished it.

Privacy is gone due to tech so people live like they have none.
They can view the past.

Is it possibly Light of other days by Clarke and Baxter?

Last edited:
No worries, that's what mods are for! All done now. (And don't rush away now you've found your book -- stay and join in conversations about SF!)

No worries, that's what mods are for! All done now. (And don't rush away now you've found your book -- stay and join in conversations about SF!)
I will. I enjoy SF. I’m thrilled to have found this site and happy to join the the community.