DISCUSSION THREAD -- July 2022 -- 300 Word Writing Challenge #46

I am tempted to write an extended and revised version of a 75 worder that I did a couple of years back. Since it is spot on for the image.
Is that allowed?

Yep, that's fine as it's not in the same month, so it doesn't affect the understanding of the 75 worder. (Doing it the other way round -- ie a 300 condensed into a 75 worder -- isn't, though, even if it is in different months as that might give an advantage in understanding the shorter entry.)

By the way, in case the image credit hasn't registered with people yet, this wonderful art was made by the Chrons' very own Laura Hepworth, so do please give a round of virtual applause!

Last edited:
Oh, I love that artwork, it's amazing @Laura R Hepworth.

I can tell this is one where thinking about a story idea won't work for me. I'll take a few long walks in the days ahead, and hopefully something will come up from the depths. Can't wait to see what it is. :) Good luck, all, CC

And we're off!!!

@Rafellin .... Appletop .... Each suggestion to save the day seems prescient when it comes after disaster.

Rafellin: This science fiction legal drama creates a great deal of suspense as it presents the protagonist with the dilemma of choosing between two unsatisfactory ways of acting. In addition, the many exotic details create a true sense of cosmic wonder.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... A Walk in the Woods .... A story that gives us the reminder that a "Walk in the Woods" is not the same as a "Walk in the Park."

@Astro Pen .... Astrid .... A story which brings into the land of fairies, fate, lovers, and progeny.

Astro Pen: The dream-like mood of this romantic fantasy aptly conveys the protagonist's wonder at the discovery of another reality. A sort of calm ecstasy fills this tale, and is sure to appeal to all readers.

Thank you, Victoria!

Enjoyed writing that one, though I always wish I had more words (as surely we all often do).

I've enjoyed the other stories. Good luck to those yet to enter, CC

BigJ: The sharp contrast between the two sections of narrative in this emotionally gripping tale demonstrate a skilled hand at work. The reader is left wondering; which is more to be believed in than the other?

@Stable .... Ease .... Empathy and love combine to make a remarkable story of sacrifice and enduring love in the face of tragedy.

@THX1138 .... The Dominant Spore .... A story which shows that the battle between humanity and plants growing where they are not wanted keeps getting more and more deadly and complex.

Edit: A new story just appeared:

@JS Wiig .... The Jungles of Elsadore .... A story which helps us to remember that some quests are worth the cost.

Last edited: