Is there a bad length for online publication?

Bramandin

Science fiction fantasy
I usually liked to go 1,200 to 1,500 words for the "chapters" in my fanfiction. Even if it felt appropriate to have a 4,000 word chapter, I broke it up because I felt that a reader might want a place to rest.

I'm facing a chapter that's a little under 1,000 words and while I might be able to move the chapter-break forward, this feels like the best spot.

So this current work is going online in the same way that your fanfiction did (ie it's not being downloaded to kindles?)? I certainly wouldn't worry that it's too short, though I wouldn't go much shorter. While readers will read longer online these days, short and snappy can work well. If it feels right, it's probably the best option for the story.

So this current work is going online in the same way that your fanfiction did (ie it's not being downloaded to kindles?)? I certainly wouldn't worry that it's too short, though I wouldn't go much shorter. While readers will read longer online these days, short and snappy can work well. If it feels right, it's probably the best option for the story.

Yeah, it's going to go on a site that follows the same format as the fanfiction site.