Recommendation for first Sanderson book

Stomalomalus

Writer to Marketer and back to writer again
Hi all.

I just finished reading Wheel of Time, and I really enjoyed the Sanderson written books. So thought I'd ask to see if there were any opinions on where to start with Sanderson?

I generally prefer less magic dominated fantasy, tbh: Gemmel, ASOIAF, The Dark Tower. But large-scope magical fantasy like WoT or the Riftwar Series are also really interesting if done well.

Where should I start with Sanderson?

The first Mistborn book is always a great place to start, and where I personally began. A roller-coaster ride the whole way through, and the final book in Era 2 is coming out at the end of this year. Warbreaker, a mostly stand-alone novel, is available for free on Sanderson's website, and also good as an introduction to the things he writes. Personally I found Warbreaker a little harder going at the beginning, but only out of a lack of love for any of the main characters, which is a highly individual metric. Way of Kings is the first book in the massive Stormlight Archive series, detailed on the world-building and definitely large-scope. Not always recommended as a "first" Sanderson book, but by all accounts high quality and well worth the upfront investment of understanding the world. I haven't read it myself yet, although I definitely plan to.

Actually, he offers his own recommendations on his website: Hello! My name's Brandon, | Brandon Sanderson

Stormlight Archives is his strongest and best work, and you should start there.
I normally wouldn't suggest this. I think it normally helps to build up a little 'trust' in his books. If you read his books you would know he excells at writting great satisfying endings. So when you know this, it's easier to get through something like Way of Kings, which might overwise be a bit slow and daunting to new readers. So normally I might suggest Emperor's Soul, Warbreaker, or Mistborn.
But you just completed an enormous series which ended with 3 Sanderson books, and had a positive experience. So you get to start with Way of Kings.