7.14: Fear the Walking Dead - Divine Providence

ctg

weaver of the unseen
kZ2WnBK.jpg

As the battle for the Tower heats up, Alicia brings the fight to Strand's front door.
IMDB 6.2

I'm struggling to find energy and motivation to write these pieces. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Wes made it out from the bunker alive and without any scratches. There is no explanation for it, it is just as it is, because Victor needed an XO.

The second thing, Victor confessed using his Rangers to get the Crater Dead, keeping them hidden and under control, until Alicia had brought the people to the platform. How the hell do herd a horde that's full of glowing ones?

His solution, the beacon on top of the tower. He assumed that the survivors were going to stand around the platform like a punch of idiots, while he was having drinks with the Warrior Princess.

Again, how are you herding a horde that's very lethal to you, even if you strap on a Whisper mask?

J8rYw1q.jpg

The twist. The idiot general got into using his mouth and forgetting that Alicia had weaponized her claw, and it was therefore never stripped away from her. I'm more amazed that somehow Victor had found time to acquire a German Luger to be his sidearm. What the hell is wrong with him?

He wanted Alicia to stay in the tower with him, most probably as a wounded bride, he could use his resources to save, just because the world is obviously turning in his way. Problem is Wes couldn't believe that Strand had made a deal for a peace, while Alicia had begged him to snuff her light.

Victor couldn't convince Wes, and therefore they ended in a Mexican stand-off, with the Rangers listening to XO, and not the general. So the fight for the tower started from the inside, with Daniel, Strand and Alicia. Strand turned Daniel to a monster, because everything was supposed to be worth it at the end.

I hated that Victor tried to play Charlie as Ofelia, and then Alicia stopped him from capping Strand, when he should've just done it.

Then the script had a complete failure, with Daniel finding time to have a friend chat with Charlie and Strand claiming that alpha-particles, not gamma caused the radiation sickness of Charlie.

What happened to the fight? How did telling the truth fixed Daniel, because he wasn't shocked or confused like he was supposed to be?

I just couldn't believe it. None of it. Especially with Strand showing his armoury full of guns and ammo. Then they played how-much-ammo-you-have-left conversation, without Alicia firing a shot, and because of it Strand ended up confessing his love to Alicia.

The end result, Strand killing Wes and Wes not turning. Daniel taking a shot just above his heart, not bleeding out, but actually he walks out to the lot, and invites people to come in the tower to live in luxury.

I'm struggling to find energy and motivation to write these pieces. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Wes made it out from the bunker alive and without any scratches. There is no explanation for it, it is just as it is, because Victor needed an XO.

The second thing, Victor confessed using his Rangers to get the Crater Dead, keeping them hidden and under control, until Alicia had brought the people to the platform. How the hell do herd a horde that's full of glowing ones?

His solution, the beacon on top of the tower. He assumed that the survivors were going to stand around the platform like a punch of idiots, while he was having drinks with the Warrior Princess.

Again, how are you herding a horde that's very lethal to you, even if you strap on a Whisper mask?

J8rYw1q.jpg

The twist. The idiot general got into using his mouth and forgetting that Alicia had weaponized her claw, and it was therefore never stripped away from her. I'm more amazed that somehow Victor had found time to acquire a German Luger to be his sidearm. What the hell is wrong with him?

He wanted Alicia to stay in the tower with him, most probably as a wounded bride, he could use his resources to save, just because the world is obviously turning in his way. Problem is Wes couldn't believe that Strand had made a deal for a peace, while Alicia had begged him to snuff her light.

Victor couldn't convince Wes, and therefore they ended in a Mexican stand-off, with the Rangers listening to XO, and not the general. So the fight for the tower started from the inside, with Daniel, Strand and Alicia. Strand turned Daniel to a monster, because everything was supposed to be worth it at the end.

I hated that Victor tried to play Charlie as Ofelia, and then Alicia stopped him from capping Strand, when he should've just done it.

Then the script had a complete failure, with Daniel finding time to have a friend chat with Charlie and Strand claiming that alpha-particles, not gamma caused the radiation sickness of Charlie.

What happened to the fight? How did telling the truth fixed Daniel, because he wasn't shocked or confused like he was supposed to be?

I just couldn't believe it. None of it. Especially with Strand showing his armoury full of guns and ammo. Then they played how-much-ammo-you-have-left conversation, without Alicia firing a shot, and because of it Strand ended up confessing his love to Alicia.

The end result, Strand killing Wes and Wes not turning. Daniel taking a shot just above his heart, not bleeding out, but actually he walks out to the lot, and invites people to come in the tower to live in luxury.

You know what would make the show really interesting ?:unsure: The Sun suddenly goes Dark and the world become like the Earth in William Hope Hodgson novel The Nightland . Why not? this show has long since jumped the walker, ti might as well go the extra mile. :D

Well, they most certainly have a freedom to do that creative choice.

I think they've reached the end with the whole walking dead concept. All that's left is self parody.

Another absolute mess.
He wanted Alicia to stay in the tower with him, most probably as a wounded bride
That, to me, was the most ridiculous thing in the episode: Victor did it all for love of Alicia? Give me a break!

I'm more amazed that somehow Victor had found time to acquire a German Luger to be his sidearm. What the hell is wrong with him?
The writers may have thrown the highly recognizable Luger into the hodgepodge mix just to add a little Nazi menace to Victor's over-the-top villainous persona. He could have acquired it from the same source as Dorie Sr. got his World War I doughboy helmet -- Howard's odd warfare collection. I assume that's also where Victor got his swashbuckling sword.

Reactions: ctg
As far a thrilling excitement goes, this episode captured it, however some things are unlikely.
I cannot figure out how Wes made it out from the bunker alive and without any scratches. There is no explanation for it
That is even less believable than Glenn or Madison Clark surviving!
Victor confessed using his Rangers to get the Crater Dead, keeping them hidden and under control, until Alicia had brought the people to the platform. How the hell do herd a horde that's full of glowing ones?

Once again, we know keeping them hidden is possible in theory, but the radiation detectors would be going crazy.
Daniel finding time to have a friend chat with Charlie
I agree. it's good therapy but doesn't work that quickly.

Strand killing Wes and Wes not turning.
Maybe they are just going through the motions.

:LOL: I refuse to allow the zombie films or shows to become too stupid to find them entertaining. Given the implausibility of the whole dead becoming 'alive' & cannibalistic concept, I will be entertained! There was that one film that had them alive, but stricken with a mind-altering disease that made them such, but dead rising? Horror, yes, but also silly.

Strand, we've known from the beginning we can't trust him. His motives are never clear. I did find it believable when he said to Alicia he did it all for her. No he doesn't see her as his wounded bride but as his daughter. He's had a complex relationship with all of the Clarke family. In his own twisted mind he believes what he said, he done the difficult part so she doesn't have too.
Wes needed to die.
Daniel, maybe it's a brain tumour.
Typical they take the tower and Alicia burns it to the ground.

Typical they take the tower and Alicia burns it to the ground.
I said in another thread that none of these seemingly impregnable fortresses are ever safe. Which made me question why it was necessary to lose so many lives in an attempt to capture it, especially as in theses lands, all you can expect is to live from discarded tinned food that no one else had wanted to loot. Other parts of the country could still be habitable and the fertile, and the Walkers less deadly. Forget the lifeboats, find some army trucks and move on!