Night Sky (Prime)

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
I watched the first of the 8 first-season episodes, and I was impressed.
It's a little slow-paced, going in, but extremely character-driven, with Sissy Spacek and J.K. Simmons leading the cast.

I enjoyed first episode. Agree on the pace, however the leads are wonderful actors, so I sort of didn't mind.

I was happy to see the second episode expand beyond an elderly couple circling the drain and dealing with an obnoxious neighbor.
I'm assuming that the chapel cellar in Argentina is somehow connected to the Yorks' star gazing chamber. I have no explanation for Jude.
If he is a native of the environmentally hostile alien planet on the other side of the Yorks' chamber doorway, how does he know English? Who's tracking him? The threatening dude who showed up in Argentina?

Good series, although far too short.
Eight episodes raised more questions than provided answers. I hope Amazon plans to extend the show.

Just saw Episode 3.
If it is not a spoiler, how did they find out Byron forged Franklin's signature?

how did they find out Byron forged Franklin's signature?
I stopped watching after episode 4 and don't know if it was 'explained' later. I assumed it was because at the town-hall of a small town where everyone would know long-time citizen Franklin - and recognize his signature - would also know the likelihood of him supporting an newcomer like Byron. Not.

I enjoyed the first season a lot. It was very different than almost all S.F. on T.V. but more than that it was very different from almost everything else on T.V. I enjoyed the pace, but my feeling is that season two is going to be much more frenetic, much more violent, and a lot less enjoyable.

I stopped watching after episode 4 and don't know if it was 'explained' later. I assumed it was because at the town-hall of a small town where everyone would know long-time citizen Franklin - and recognize his signature - would also know the likelihood of him supporting an newcomer like Byron. Not.
I also stopped after #104.

It was too slow a burn. For me, keeping the characters in the dark is suspense, but keeping the audience in the dark is lazy story-telling. Four hours of ominous background music over miscellany.

I really wanted to like it (enjoyed the acting/characters). That's why I hung in as long as I did. Oh well.

Just saw Episode 6.
It is a good thing Franklin remembered the barf pail on the "trip" that actually worked, since he forgot it on the failed one!

A frail and elderly couple have a secret - under their shed is a passage that leads to a view of another star system.

Watched episode 1 on Amazon Prime and really loved it. Great character building, and the SF-focus is very much on people, rather than mindless action and visual effects in lieu of plot.

Reactions: ctg
Watched episode 2 last night - one of the one hand it can be somewhat slow, but on the other there's a really good build up of psychological tension.

I liked it but it got cancelled
Oh, no, I didn't realize that - thought it was just a single season and would wrap up. Hope it doesn't end on a cliffhanger!

Finished Night Sky now, and really enjoyed it. Although there was a set up for a second season, to be honest I think it works great as a standalone anyway - all the major plot points were resolved, and anything that was left open-ended just made it feel more like a literary novel adaptation. To be honest, the danger is that a season 2 would have just ended up as aimlessly following the characters until it ran out of steam. We got a very impactful season, a big story was told, and I'm thankful for that. Also, would definitely rate it among the best SF TV shows I've watched.