Wheel of Time adaption - authenticity of casting and character action and general thoughts

My previous comment was brain fart on my part .

Last edited:
And you'll end up with a crappy woodenly acted film which nobody will want to see. Botton line is, you need real actors to play the parts.
You probably didn't intend it this way, but you just stated that non-white actors are crappy and wooden. That they are not "real actors."

Care to re-state?

Another idiot comment on my part removed.

Last edited:
Why should anyone care?

The reason this is important is because a huge part of the driving force of the early plot sits on the fact that Rand does not look like everyone around him, because he is half Aiel, and not of the blood of the Manatheren. He is significantly paler, ginger and taller. In the show the Two Rivers folk should racially be similar to Egwene.
Frankly, the only legitimate way to make stories like this or Dune both equitable and realistic is to not hire a single white actor.

I dont think thats true at all, Wheel of Time has a lot of different peoples that are analagous to their real world counterparts. Similarly, Dune has a planetary racially based element.

Back