Does anyone else suffer from not being able to find things to watch?

Bramandin

Science fiction fantasy
It's like everything I saw that was interesting was on streaming services that we don't have (or I have the DVD) and everything I did find either was or looked dumb. This morning I had to turn off the animated version of King and I, Idiocracy, and some anime that didn't have a dubb. Previously I tried to watch Shark Tale and I passed over Bold Eagles because it just seemed like one of those movies that are thrown together because kids will watch anything.

I have found the more I've gotten in to writing the more critical I've become of new fiction. Maybe I became a snob, or maybe new media sucks its kind of hard to tell.

Shows I have liked in recent years.

Russian Doll
Altered Carbon
The Expanse
Peaky Blinders
Maniac
Peacemaker
Reacher
The Great
Sense 8

I have found the more I've gotten in to writing the more critical I've become of new fiction. Maybe I became a snob, or maybe new media sucks its kind of hard to tell.

Shows I have liked in recent years.

Russian Doll
Altered Carbon
The Expanse
Peaky Blinders
Maniac
Peacemaker
Reacher
The Great
Sense 8
I've heard of some of those, but I haven't watched them. Netflix titles? Maybe it's just Prime that sucks. I did find a documentary about the history of invention. Not as great as The Day the Universe Changed, but still pretty watchable.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea tav series Hokey but fun to watch.:)

The original Kung Fu Tv series with David Carradine and Key Luke

The Wild Wild West

Quatermass and the Pit
1958 six part tv serial

And other great old shows. You just can't beat a classic.:)

I'm bored with modern content. Occasionally something decent comes along, but generally its the same. I think it's more to do with my age than anything. I find myself looking back to older TV for things to watch. To be fair though, I remember channel hopping a lot when there were only three channels. It stands to reason that with more channels, finding something to watch is no more difficult. Most modern multi-series modern TV can be quite a commitment, so I suspect that it boils down to the end of the work day and the need for "casual" viewing.

And now I've got "The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism" and toddler entertainment in my Prime suggestions. Yes I have varied tastes, but I don't know how I made it so confused.

"In a time of decadence it is often better to stand by the old--which still has possibilities--than to plunge into the hapless welter of unformed barbarism which is the sole available alternative." Lovecraft

Tales from the Gold Monkey was an Indian Jones knock off but I loved it. :cool:

I would love to watch new stuff if it appealed to me but the plots don't.

In 1962 an hour show was 55 minutes.
In 1972 an hour show was around 52 minutes.

Now it is something like 35 minutes if that long.
A Coca-Cola can has more air time than the special guest star.

My next door neighbour asked "Is it true you don't have a telly?"
I admitted it was true.
"You're weird!" she said, "what do you WATCH?"
I don't have a TV either... and people keep trying to buy/give me one... persistently. There is absolutely no reason what so ever for me to have glorified wall decoration (aka TV) since there is nothing to watch (IMO). If someone does decide I need to see something, they can send it over on a flash drive or invite me to their place to see it.
Even my mother (who does NOT read anything more extensive than the newspaper) has decided that there is nothing to watch and can I lend her a book. Yesterday she finished Miss Benson's Beetle, and has started Bill Bryson's The Body.

I don’t watch telly. I watch DVDs, which I get for 50p-£1 from local charity shops.

Currently piled nearby are series 1&2 of Spaced, and Terminator 2 housed in a metal case and with a bonus disc of extras.
Plus some Simpsons and Family Guy series

Streaming services, library holdings, etc., has led to the opposite: I have too many to watch.

I find the opposite - too much stuff to watch and too little time to watch it in.

Just this year you've got:

Severance
Outer Range
Better Call Saul
Tokyo Vice
Uploaded
Moon knight
Halo
Resident Alien
Russian Doll
Snowpiercer
Ozark
The Pentaverate
Reacher
Invincible

and so on...

I find the opposite - too much stuff to watch and too little time to watch it in.

Just this year you've got:

Severance
Outer Range
Better Call Saul
Tokyo Vice
Uploaded
Moon knight
Halo
Resident Alien
Russian Doll
Snowpiercer
Ozark
The Pentaverate
Reacher
Invincible

and so on...
I have heard of three of those

It's like everything I saw that was interesting was on streaming services that we don't have (or I have the DVD) and everything I did find either was or looked dumb. This morning I had to turn off the animated version of King and I, Idiocracy, and some anime that didn't have a dubb. Previously I tried to watch Shark Tale and I passed over Bold Eagles because it just seemed like one of those movies that are thrown together because kids will watch anything.
Perhaps your interests could be broadened and then you may see new things that are then interesting to you.

I've known people that hate fictional content. So, they endlessly watch engineering and how-to videos and then build the things they see. Yet, would not spend one second watching anything for entertainment. even within their seemingly narrow band of interests they had infinite content fo rthe interest that they did have.