Discussion Thread -- May 2022 75 Word Writing Challenge

Christine Wheelwright

The entry thread is up in the May 2022 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Theme: Infinity

Genre: Speculative Fiction

Wikipedia entry for Speculative Fiction

Remember, although the theme may be 'infinity' you only have until end-of-play on 23rd May 2022 to post your entry.

Please keep any comments in this thread and do not comment below or 'like' the entries themselves.

Good luck!

Christine

Having recovered from my marathon session of reviewing 300 word entries, I'll now catch up with 75's.

--------

@THX1138 .... The Wormhole .... Some forms of infinity sound downright terrifying.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... The Escher Continuum .... Some forms of infinity convince you that there must be some mistake somewhere, but it's hard to see.

@Karn's Return .... Spiraling .... Some forms of infinity must twist toward insanity.

@StilLearning .... Disappointing revelations .... Some forms of infinity are simply pretext.

@magpie Asylum .... Knowing too much .... Some forms of infinity lead to much knowing and little doing.

@worldofmutes .... Being the Known .... Some forms of infinity make memory less important.

@Astro Pen .... Saved .... Some forms of infinity are just convoluted philosophy.

@jd73 .... Bunny Head ,,,, Some forms of infinity become more and more terrifying.

@johnnyjet .... Cats Chasing Their Own Tails .... Some forms of infinity are only supposed to be funny.

@viraltwit .... Untitled .... Some forms of infinity are like a really wonderful version of "Groundhog Day."

Thx 1138 / Most of our successes are met with adversity.

Victoria Silverwolf / Crafted with finesse, infinite answers lead to infinitely more questions.

Karn’s Return / Taking the first step is spacially discombobulating.

StilLearning / Don’t mess with a djinn or you might get the spin.

magpie Asylum / If one thought he had all of the answers, he should think again.

Astro Pen / A spectacular ending which ponders the real meaning of life.

jd73 / Soporific accounts of infinity manifesting in the blackest of eyes.

johnnyjet / If kitties run out of energy, does a comedy chasing infinity?

viraltwit / Do the dimensions that we walk through bleed into the next?

@Luiglin .... The Space Between ,,,, Some forms of infinity take only a brief moment into forever after.

jd73: Infinite terror in this story of the inescapable.

johnnyjet: Infinite irony in this pondering of existence.

viraltwit: Infinite hope in this account of starting over.

Luiglin: Infinite wonder in this vision of the cosmos.

SRDFrench: Infinite regression in this hard science fiction tale.

@SRDFrench .... Just Press Repeat .... Sometimes eternity is encapsulated in an instant.

@AnRoinnUltra .... The infinite escalators of Andromeda .... Sometimes eternity is missed in the moment.

@Marvin .... Told you so .... Sometimes infinity comes at you after you erase it.

@Bren G .... Starburst Wishes .... Sometimes infinity can only be waited upon.

Luiglin / What is it he is running from? Does he make a habit of going to space without PPE?

SRDFrench / Does infinity mean repeating algorithms, and is it pristine?

AnRoinnUltra / Why are our grocery carts accelerating at light speed?

Marvin / ∞ expands in all directions, so shouldn’t it be more of a fractal?

Bren G / People are the stardust of eons walking in shadow.

Mon0Zer0 / The origin of all existence stems from a grain of sand.

Peter V / Theodore is living my worst nightmare, couldn’t he have a ‚Pot Pi’ once in awhile?

Cat’s Cradle / A tragic story about indifference in marriage.

I've given up on those Orcs (or more like they've run off in abject fear, as Bowler1 frightened them like no other living soul has ever done before) so it's just me today (as Bowler1 keeps a close on on Parson). I was a little worried for a while but I have an idea that I need to fit into 75 words. Why wasn't this ever the 150 word writing competition?

Back