May 2022 Reading Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The skeleton escaped from the wax flesh and (did I mention they could talk?) used it's authoritarian personality to take command of a platoon of Red Army skeletons, probably his own tomb guards. Now he's assuming command of the skeleton assault on Greater Moscow to free the other skeletons from their people hosts.

Meanwhile, over in America, the skeleton of Abraham Lincoln has just woken...that's as far as I've got so far
I dunno, this could be the grabber I’ve been waiting for.

Activation: Degradation by Marina J Lostetter

A biomechanical robot story, starting to read it now
This has been on and off my potential TBR pile. I'm really interested in your perspective of it.
Too bad the zombie book wasn't any good. :(

Activation: Degradation by Marina J Lostetter
This is on hold for now, I've got Weaponised by Neal Asher and I really need to start reading it asap.

If I stay with Activation Degradation I know deep down that I'll start skimming just to get onto the new book :giggle:

Last edited:
Still reading Morning Star by Pierce Brown, kinda like Game of Thrones in space (due to main and loved characters dying unexpectedly) with a mix of Abercrombie for violence

Just finished two books which I found really interesting, but hard going somehow. "Black Water Sister" by Zen Cho - a ghost story set in present-day Malaysia, in which a young woman is haunted by her formidable grandmother who has unfinished business with a local billionaire. "The Sloth Lemur's Song" by Alison Richard: a book about the natural history and conseration of Madagascar, which takes a very large-scale view of entire ecosystems over geological time.

Finished Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. Only the third Dickens novel I've ever read. Despite Oliver's somewhat oblivious saccharine nature (sweet enough to induce a diabetic coma in susceptible readers), some very "convenient" events, a large number of detestable people, not to mention some oblique social commentary, this story was fairly enjoyable and easy to get through [i.e. it took 2 days instead of 2 months].

Continuing a theme this year of re-reading books first read many moons ago, I’m now starting Treasure Island.
It's a good read in any complete edition and does not need illustrations. However, have you seen the editions illustrated by N. C. Wyeth and Mervyn Peake? You could say each shows its artist at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.