May / June 100 Word Anonymous Challenge 2022 Discussion Thread

elvet

Easily amused
Supporter
Welcome everyone to the next 100 Word Anon!
@AnRoinnUltra won the last challenge, and has picked the topic and genre for us. I'll remind you of his comment:
Plus I think it means I get to pick the topic for the next challenge, which is handy as I've hopefully got a good one for ye. It comes from a time years ago when someone asked me to design them a tattoo. I said 'sure, what do ya want done?', and expected to hear something like 'a skeleton on a motorbike'. Instead they gave a one word answer that got me staring at a blank page and head scratching.

Hopefully it'll do the same job here;)
And...we're off!

Just sticking this here -an audio version of one of the entries to the Aug/Sept challenge, and it's bonkers;)
Nicely done, though not exactly for sensitive ears ;) . The accents are wonderful!
Over the hunderds, if not thousands of flash fiction entries we have for the various challenges, I think an opportunity was missed to not have the audio versions added. The Podcasts and these little productions show how much more enlivened the stories become.

Sorry, forgot about the cursing -and thanks, the audio versions are handy enough to make in the car/ on the go. I think the micro fiction is perfect stuff for audio bits, like you say there's an endless supply of great ones on here. Be cool to do a few live bits with some of them ...now to find a spot with a greenscreen;)

"Rebel Without a Clue" Title of the year so far, whoever you might anonymously be :giggle:
(I haven't read the actual stories yet so not 'judging' that)

Thanks. Hopefully no one realises I was responsible for 80% of the entries so far.

Wait, did I just say that out loud?

Thanks. Hopefully no one realises I was responsible for 80% of the entries so far.

Wait, did I just say that out loud?
You realise that with every new entry (assuming they are all about the same quality) you dilute your chance of a win?

You realise that with every new entry (assuming they are all about the same quality) you dilute your chance of a win?
But only if my next entry isn't the best of the lot! And every one I put in is definitely the best one since the last one! So I guess my first one needs to be good otherwise... they're all bad. But then if the ones I DIDN'T enter are badder still, then...

I'm confused.

I’ve been dipping into the entries, after a long time away, and again I’m struck by how erudite, creative, original, artistic, and just plain fun they can be. What a gifted bunch you are!

I’ll cast however many votes there are available without preference. Unless it’s zero. Then I won’t cast any. But then no one would win—including myself—so I guess I wouldn’t prefer zero votes. Not that I did or didn’t participate, of course. Or did I? Ugh, I feel I’ve already said too much…