Klaus Schulze

Stephen Palmer

author of books
Supporter
One of the all-time greats of electronic music, usually referred to as the Godfather of EM, Klaus Schulze died on Tuesday. His legacy will never be forgotten. In 1979 he released an album inspired by his favourite book, Dune, and his final album, to be released in June and composed with Hans Zimmer, is also inspired by Dune.
His music was central to my youthful life, and it remains today as extraordinary as it was then. RIP Klaus.

I've known the name a long time, but I think I've never heard the music. This is a transporting piece, Stephen.
RIP, Mr. Schulze.

The artist at work...

1651134259884.png

Body Love was my favourite album growing up and I adored Timewind, (not to mention that great cover). Possibly the father of electronic music, i think.

RIP Klaus.

Last edited:
My problem with Schulze’s work was that it could be quite hit and miss and I found a lot of his back catalogue to be a bit too… avant-garde. When he was good, he was simply brilliant.

I really enjoyed Babel with Hans Grosser.

My problem with Schulze’s work was that it could be quite hit and miss and I found a lot of his back catalogue to be a bit too… avant-garde. When he was good, he was simply brilliant.

I really enjoyed Babel with Hans Grosser.
Very true! I disliked all his 1990s music, and liked only the first bit of the 1980s. Kontinuum is well worth a listen, and the forthcoming final album sounds promising.

Back