Chipping your hand with your debit card. What could possibly go wrong?

So how long before all muggers automatically dig a hole in your hand to retrieve the chip, whether or not you've got one?

So how long before all muggers automatically dig a hole in your hand to retrieve the chip, whether or not you've got one?
Or just chop off hands. [I live in a country where burglars chop off fingers to get to wedding rings...]

This sounds like the mark of the beast in the bible.
The bible warns in revelation of a time when mankind will need to get a mark on their body before they can buy or sell things.
Seems like things are sure heading that wayI

Could argue that with tattoos and latterly hand stamps marks on body have been around for a long time. In terms of buying and selling, I can't think of an example where you needed a tattoo to buy things as such, but where you have tattoos showing that say you are in the army, then showing them in an army only bar might be needed. Hand stamps are used for lots of events rather than tickets and you have to show them before you get in.

I bought a relative one of those "whistle and it beeps back at you" find your key ring. They couldn't whistle.