Animals as characters

Daniel J Loney Author

Supporter
To any fans of animal fiction who might be interested in a new addition to the genre, I have just finished my first volume of a fantasy fiction of this exact kind of subgenre called 'The Last of the Wild Days' and I'm releasing it on Amazon kindle with a free Ebook promotion for 5 days starting midnight tonight! You don't need a Kindle fire or anything all you need is the free kindle app on your phone to read it. Seeing as you're all fans of the animal fantasy fiction genre I would love to hear what all of you think of it and would love your review if you'd be kind enough to read. Here is the front cover and blurb...
LOTWD jpeg.jpg

'For Brackenhal, Merralea and their last remaining cub, life on the rugged Storm Cairns is a continuous struggle. Plagued by hunger, exposure and carnivorous Flesheaters who are picking their fellow Foragers off one by one, they are fleeing a brutal and seemingly unending winter in search of kinder lands than their own. On their path, they discover an abandoned fox cub lying in the snow. Despite foxes being some of the most feared and cruel of all predators, they decide to raise the cub as their own. Meanwhile, another creature born of winter itself is uniting the Flesheaters under one creed to begin a great hunt, and as the Foragers raise their orphaned cub in little knowledge of the looming threat, the Wintergazer is ever growing in both power... and hunger'

It seems great and evokes many things to me, eg, Beastars because of the question of the Flesheaters being always bad (or not); Watership Down and Plague Dogs because of the journey they’re taking. Oh, and great cover too! It just seems huge and I don’t have the time to read it through, but I did download it to help bump up in the rankings.

Thanks all! here is the link to the free kindle Ebook all you need is the kindle app to read.

I'm hoping to find a better way to print paperback copies as amazon kindle direct publishing is so expensive...

It seems great and evokes many things to me, eg, Beastars because of the question of the Flesheaters being always bad (or not); Watership Down and Plague Dogs because of the journey they’re taking. Oh, and great cover too! It just seems huge and I don’t have the time to read it through, but I did download it to help bump up in the rankings.
That's an amazing cover. Book sounds great too. I vaguely remember one of the Redwall books tackling a similar problem- can a creature "born bad" be nurtured into good? The answer seemed to be "Not really," which I found rather disappointing.

Nature vs nurture is definitely the main theme, and a satire of human prejudices and social issues. I really hope you all like it or can give me any feedback whatsoever! I've edited it myself so I could use any opinion especially from the genre fanbase :)