Television Turkeys - The Worst TV Shows of All Time

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Yes, there have already been bad tv show threads but I figure, it's time for a new thread this topic . :)

There are a lot of bad TV shows but my loathing is reserved for one that has been inexplicably long-running (and which I have been forced to sit through): Supernatural

There are a lot of bad TV shows but my loathing is reserved for one that has been inexplicably long-running (and which I have been forced to sit through): Supernatural

Yes , that one ran way way too many years. Unfortunately, we're getting prequel series to it.

The 100 When this one started I liked it alot. The problem was that every season it kept getting ever more bleak ,depressing and nihilistic and worse . I still stayed on till the end and , it wasn't worth it. There was going be a prequel in this one but, thankfully, it was cancelled it before it started.

Last edited:
Otherworld 1985 a family exploring one the pyramids o Egypt fall though a doorway which candies them a parallel world dominated by totalitarian society . This one very quickly squander what potential it had and lasted a total of eight Episode before it was mercifully cancelled.

Star Trek: Picard
Star Trek: Discovery

There, I said it.

Galactica, 1980
Heil Honey, I'm home
- a sitcom about living next to Hitler. Just execrable.
Star Wars Holiday special
War of the worlds (BBC, 2019)
All reality TV

I kinda want to say Lost. I was a huge Lost fan - I was an admin/mod on three Lost forums, two of which were huge. I watched every ep, I discussed every ep. I have made friends that I'm still very close to to this day through this show. I was part of an epic Lost RPG that ran for several years. Yet I've never been so disappointed by a TV show in my life and I've never hated a TV character as much as I hate Jack. I can't even rewatch the series (though I do own it all on DVD) because it makes me so furious now.

Otherworld 1985 a family exploring one the pyramids o Egypt fall though a doorway which candies them a parallel world dominated by totalitarian society . This one very quickly squander what potential it had and lasted a total of eight Episode before it was mercifully cancelled.

Thank you. I forgot the name of this show, but I think about its badness all the time. I remember it re-ran on SyFy in the mid-90's (back when it was still the Scifi Channel) and there was one episode where the kids virtually foment a revolution by forming a Beatles cover band. In retrospect I guess it sort of tied into American fantasies about bringing down the Soviet Union with rock music.

To be fair, "Come back, Mrs Noah," was a product of its time, and had its funny moments.

Mrs Brown's boys - Where to start with this absolute Mother ?

Absolutely Fabulous - Joanna Lumley got too old to boink producers, and ended up in this waste of time.

Tittybangbang - crass, immature, sexist and unfunny.

Netflix has introduced me to a whole level of cr*p that no UK network would buy, but Channel 4 (and E4) have introduced us to some real honkers from across the Pond, notably;

2 Broke Girls - despicable main characters surrounded by racial stereotypes.

New Girl - a vehicle for Zooey Deschanel, as unfunny as it was tasteless.

Absolutely Fabulous - Joanna Lumley got too old to boink producers, and ended up in this waste of time.

Absolutely Fabulous wasn't too bad. I thought the characters were quite well observed.

I agree about Netflix though. I don't watch very often - maybe once a week - but I already feel like I've seen all the worthwhile movies. I have a particular dislike for those documentary series that are about six episodes long but would be perfect (and quite interesting) if limited to just one.

I would think Come back Mrs Noah starring Mollie Sugden, a really awful sci-fi 'comedy' series
The end credits here are a short demo of it's direness

I've never even heard of that! It looks super camp.

Hard to say, as most series that started off awful I didn't watch beyond an episode, or I didn't watch at all due to poor reviews/comments.

Firstly, I'll discount all reality tv shows from my decision, from Jerry Springer to Most Haunted to Big Brother (apart from maybe the first series). I'll also discount quiz shows and soap series.

From what I've seen of it The Watch was dire, as it made a mockery of Terry Pratchett's Discworld, but is it the worst ever? Probably not. I'll opt for Enterprise, because it takes something really special for a Star Trek series to get canned. The fanbase and the budgets are there to sustain the shows through the 'getting to know you' stages to the 'getting to really enjoy it now' parts.

I kinda want to say Lost. I was a huge Lost fan - I was an admin/mod on three Lost forums, two of which were huge. I watched every ep, I discussed every ep. I have made friends that I'm still very close to to this day through this show. I was part of an epic Lost RPG that ran for several years. Yet I've never been so disappointed by a TV show in my life and I've never hated a TV character as much as I hate Jack. I can't even rewatch the series (though I do own it all on DVD) because it makes me so furious now.

Do you know, I almost said Lost, but it got off to such a great start and was so intriguing for perhaps two or three seasons. Then it seemed to get bored, start parodying itself (never a good sign) and then tried to extend itself in directions that (seemingly) wasn't intended when it was first thought up. I ended up watching the series to the bitter end (and by that stage it was bitter) only because I had invested so much time and so many years in watching it to get to that stage. Then I wish I really hadn't bothered.

One series I could never, ever watch again. But I do think that there is room for a much shorter, much tighter scripted reboot of the series. Or perhaps some clever person could edit the show to make it into the series it promised to be at the start.

Thank you. I forgot the name of this show, but I think about its badness all the time. I remember it re-ran on SyFy in the mid-90's (back when it was still the Scifi Channel) and there was one episode where the kids virtually foment a revolution by forming a Beatles cover band. In retrospect I guess it sort of tied into American fantasies about bringing down the Soviet Union with rock music.

The worst episode of that show was Mansion of the Beast which basically did Beauty and the Beast and, didn't do it very well. :(

Super Friends was a very much dumbed down version of Justice lease , It was on tv with various incarnations from the early 1970's to about he early 1980's . This show was chalked for educational messaging , non violent action which resulted in inane story telling and noxious villain villain with stupid sounding names like Professor Know it All , (I kid you not). in addition annoying characters like Doug ( who for some reason wore a super where cape, Wendy who medically wore no cape , Wonder Dog who did wore that wear a cape and, none of them had power and were constantly getting into danger and had to be bailed out by the Inane mighty heroes. They were later replaced by San and Jana the Wonder Twins who had to active one power ring activate their power.. Sane could become anything liquid or Ice and Janna could turn into any animal she chose. They a had a pet monkey named Gleek who was actually smarter than they were. And the stories oh god , so many baddies to chose from . They did one called The Lord of Middle Earth. This is one episode you never ever look up if you value your sanity .

Naked Jungle springs to mind, a series that had naturists doing an assault course.

I would like to embrace the spirit of previous entries by selecting hugely successful and/or widely loved shows to bag on:

1. Seinfeld - (disappointed George and Elaine didn't end up together)
2. All Star Trek shows, ever - (not enough red alerts)
3. Twilight Zone - (too little explicit sex content)
4. I Love Lucy - (Desi's awful fake accent)
5. Bugs Bunny - (insensitive depictions of the duck community)
6. The Weather Channel - (too little explicit sex content)

Hopefully that forever establishes my thoughtful contrarian street cred. :LOL:

Last edited:
I would like to embrace the spirit of previous entries by selecting hugely successful and/or widely loved shows to bag on:

1. Seinfeld - (disappointed George and Elaine didn't end up together)
2. All Star Trek shows, ever - (not enough red alerts)
3. Twilight Zone - (too little explicit sex content)
4. I Love Lucy - (Desi's awful fake accent)
5. Bugs Bunny - (insensitive depictions of the duck community)
6. The Weather Channel - (too little explicit sex content)

Hopefully that forever establishes my thoughtful contrarian street cred. :LOL:

Here on SFF Chronicles you can never have enough contrarians :D

Wow ! You've just given a good idea for playroom Topic thread . :D