Television Turkeys - The Worst TV Shows of All Time

Teletubbies and PeeWee's Playhouse are surely among the worst "children's" television ever made.

I've never even heard of that! It looks super camp.
You had to live in the UK in the mid-1970s. 3 TV channels that switched off at midnight. Very little choice. There are a number of British sitcoms from that period that are jaw-droppingly awful. I remember enjoying Mrs Noah at the time.

Separate thread, I think.

I saw Space Force recently, which i think needs to be here. I wanted to like it, i really did but just how dumb do these studios think we are?

Star Trek: Picard
Star Trek: Discovery

There, I said it.

Galactica, 1980
Heil Honey, I'm home
- a sitcom about living next to Hitler. Just execrable.
Star Wars Holiday special
War of the worlds (BBC, 2019)
All reality TV

Ive not seen a full episode of Star Trek Picard . No real desire to see this show

Star Trek Discovery is a decent show, season 1 was a bit choppy but good season, 2 when Pike and young Spock came on board was very good, season 3 is okay so far Ive yet to see season 4 .

Galactica 1980 was an absolute travesty of a series , lasted for 11 crappy episodes which was too many. The Time Travel concept pretty much undermines thee series because if they can do time travel why couldn't; they go back and prevent the Cylons from destroying the 12 worlds ? That's that just one of myriad of issues this one has.

Heil Honey , Im Home, Ive never seen it but , The question is who in their right mind thought this was a good idea for a series ?

The Star Wars Holiday Special I saw once when it was first on television . I wish I could forget it even existed . Godawful piece of rubbish that should have never have happened.

War of the Worlds I saw one episode and found it forgettable.

Reality Television is probably the worst thing ever to happen to the medium of television.

Last edited:
You had to live in the UK in the mid-1970s. 3 TV channels that switched off at midnight. Very little choice. There are a number of British sitcoms from that period that are jaw-droppingly awful. I remember enjoying Mrs Noah at the time.

Read about this show, sounds silly but entertaining.

The Carol Burnett Show an utter piece of horrid comedy.

I watched the Carol Burnett show but..I can't remember a thing that she did that I liked.
I liked Vicky Lawrence and Tim Conway best (those Dorf commercials he did later were stupidly amusing.).

Superfriends with Marvin and Wendy were awful. But the later seasons improved.

Galactica 1980 had the worst bait and switch imaginable because the ads implied Cylon Raiders were attacking Los Angeles.
It was evil not to have that actually happening.

The Carol Burnett Show an utter piece of horrid comedy.
I watched the Carol Burnett show but..I can't remember a thing that she did that I liked.
I liked Vicky Lawrence and Tim Conway best (those Dorf commercials he did later were stupidly amusing.).

Superfriends with Marvin and Wendy were awful. But the later seasons improved.

Galactica 1980 had the worst bait and switch imaginable because the ads implied Cylon Raiders were attacking Los Angeles.
It was evil not to have that actually happening.

I loved that show. Tim Conway and Harry Corman used to crack me up.:D

Strike Force 1981-82 an abysmal cop drama staring Robert Stack .

Absolutely Fabulous - Joanna Lumley got too old to boink producers, and ended up in this waste of time

Wow… misogyny because you didn’t like a show? That’s harsh.

Mind you I have to agree with you about Mrs Brown’s Boys which isn’t just bad, it’s offensive to a few groups of people. My dad loves it and always tries to get me to watch it with him.

New Girl - a vehicle for Zooey Deschanel, as unfunny as it was tasteless.

It was trashy and not my usual fare but I found myself watching a lot of it. Not for ZD but the other characters.

I’ve shows of my own I dislike but I’d be burnt at the stake as they’re so popular (esp here ;) )

My Mother the Car. Oh, dear, what to say. I think the title says it all. Be thankful if you didn't see this most unfunny 'comedy'.

My Mother the Car. Oh, dear, what to say. I think the title says it all. Be thankful if you didn't see this most unfunny 'comedy'.

Ive seen one clip of that one and it was quite enough.

Teletubbies and PeeWee's Playhouse are surely among the worst "children's" television ever made.

To be fair none of us were / are the target age for either show. I have never seen PeeWee's Playhouse so can't comment, but I know my kids were entranced by the Teletubbies when they were wee.

I would nominate Starhyke a totally unfunny, puerile, British adult 'comedy' show which managed to rope in actors from Star Wars, Babylon 5, and Stargate SG1 to bolster its SF credentials - and having blown its budget on hiring them shot the remainder of the show in the alley behind the village hall they used as a studio space.
Here's the official trailer. This is them selling it, making it look as good as possible. And, to be fair, having watched the whole series they almost got some of the good bit in.

Well remembered, JunkMonkey. I remember reading about Starhyke, but it never appealed to me at all and i never saw it.

SF and comedy is a difficult mixture to get right.

Last edited:
Charmed. Just a really lame attempt to be another Buffy, with everything that's stupid about Buffy but none of the funny characters that made Buffy watchable.